Recent Posts

Monday, November 14, 2011

Today is Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day

So the wacky holiday that is today, is Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day.

Sounds kind of silly, but I think all of us need to be reminded to loosen up and have some fun, or lighten up and not take things so seriously. Especially with all the stress most of us have everyday. Some of us have different kinds of stress, whether it's job hunting, money stress, or a family member with an illness stress. Sometimes it's good to say f' it! I'm going to lighten up today, not think about all those things, do something fun that doesn't cost anything, or doesn't cost much.

Some things that help me loosen up or lighten up:
1. Having coffee and a chat with a friend I haven't seen in awhile. Lin...our coffee chat was awesome! We need to do it more often.

2. Do something goofy or childlike. One goofy memory I have of lightening up was the short getaway we had with Anastasia and the kids to Starved Rock. I got my drink on with some Bud Light Lime while the kids swam in the pool. When they returned, every time I said something I was talking in Yoda's voice. The kids thought it was hilarious, they laughed their butts off. Now any time I reach for an alcoholic beverage my kids say "Oh no! The Yoda voice is coming". It's just too funny. I also like to car dance. One of my current faves to car dance to is LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It". I really bust a move! It's fun, and I know it mortifies my kids when I do it, making it all the more fun!

3. Sometimes I just decide that all day, I'm not going to let any thoughts about a particular stressor in my head. Like sometimes I decide I'm not going to think about my finances at all for the day, or I'm not going to think about all the projects that need to get done around the house (woo hoo! A post is coming up about that one!) One of the things I've done for a long time, to lesson the stress on my weekends is to go news free. It just makes for a more relaxing weekend, not having to worry about whatever is going on in the Middle East, what's going on in Politics, or the bad things that sometimes happen to people. Even though they may not technically be stressors, they do affect my mood.

So what do you do to loosen up or lighten up?

Leave me a comment with your ideas. Maybe we can help each other with some new ideas.


Lola's Diner ©2008-2011

3 comments:

Lin said...

wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle....Yeah! Hahaha!

We've been going out with friends a lot lately and that certainly helps. Like you, the finances are getting me down. And the news....criminy, it's depressing!

I had fun seeing you too, pally! :) It's fun to talk "blog talk" with someone who gets it.

StaceyC4 said...

I literally dance around with my iPod blasting my favorite 80's music at least 3X a week!

Lola said...

@ Lin - The group that I belong to has kind of dissolved after my bff went awol. I think some people have taken sides without hearing the complete story. Their loss. I had a great time too. No one I know gets it.

@ StaceyC4 - That works too. Lol!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©