Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Days 37, 38, 39 of Sheltering In

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I have to keep double checking because I can’t believe it’s Wednesday. Probably because I wanted another day before Thursday. Nope.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday paperwork days. I finally finished the headache log. It took forever. And yes, it was a real headache to complete!

Wednesday, also my daughter’s Leave of Absence paperwork. Finally people that work in HR got back to her after she’s been calling for a month. I don’t think anyone that works in HR knows the kind of disabled people they hire to get credits from the state. They all know how to recruit and do the paperwork, but they have no idea what these disabled people are capable of and what a group home is. The email that was sent to her specified “YOU” must write a letter and fill out the form. Umm, yeah, no. If they want to be able to understand the letter and form then my daughter has to have help. He should have figured that out from their phone conversation. And where did he think she would be printing out the Leave paperwork? That would be at Mom’s house, using Mom’s printer, delivered to her via Mom’s porch drop and pickup service. 

So, no surprise...no laundry yet. I’d like to know why I have to run my son to the laundromat and put in the soap and what not, and make sure we leave with all the laundry we went with. I also have to do all the shopping. Normally I would not complain, but now I am. Sheltering in for as long as we have, it’s like I never gave birth to my son. He is CONSTANTLY attached to me! I LOVE HIM DEARLY, but I feel like I can’t breathe. Normally I wouldn’t have all this stinkin paperwork to do, and it probably wouldn’t bother me at all. But gosh darn it I have some things I need to do. 

I want to make a duck bill type face mask. I’ve tried the local Facebook groups, but, all of them selling, only make the triple pleated masks, because they are so much easier/faster to make. I found 1 person on NextDoor that does the duck bill type masks, but I don’t care for her method, or the doubled price. It’s 3 layer, with 1 layer being interfacing. I have enough issues breathing through 2 layers of 100% cotton after over 3 hours, how am I gonna breathe through interfacing and 2 layers of 100% cotton fabric? If you want something done right, you just have to do it yourself. I also want to custom fit the under eye parts to avoid eyeglass fogging. Were I to find one for purchase already sewn, with just 2 layers of 100% cotton, I would buy it, and modify it to get the fit I want. I think I would be more comfortable with the duck bill type mask because there is a seam down the middle, allowing air space between your nose and the mask. The triple pleated masks lay flat across your nose, no air space between and when I take it off I’m gasping for air. (Just like when I’d get my head released when I had my MRI’s.). If I get the hang of it, I will make some for my daughter. She has asthma and I know the duck bill mask would help her breathe more easily. I also know for a fact she is not complying with wearing a face mask when she’s around staff who come and go. That terrifies me. I have plenty of material, elastic, and thread, I just need the time. I know I will have to work a little at a time, heavily icing my back and medicating. It will take days to make a handful of masks. If I can make them the way I want and the quantity I want, it will all be worth it!

I wish I knew a store that sold them already made. It would save me a lot of pain. I asked my sister in law’s fiancé where she got hers, could she get me several? Nope. She won’t leave the house. She is beyond paranoid. I know she has other mental health issues, but with the coronavirus she has become extremely agoraphobic. Whatever! It’s not like I believed she would help me anyway. Delusional, I am not. She thinks of herself above all else. I don’t know how my sister in law can tolerate that. 

We appear to have a truce between my son and my wife. He’d been acting up, like my daughter was before the coronavirus. I didn’t have to break up any fights (verbal only) today. My son is just really having a hard time not being able to spend time with his sister. That’s why I haven’t asked for space. I also know that his dad has been calling all month laying on the guilt and telling him he needs to get on the train and go to his house for father’s day/his birthday. It’s April, father’s day is June 21st, HE NEEDS TO STOP IT! I will forkin call my cell phone provider and happily PAY to block all his numbers. My son does not know how to get to where his dad lives. In fact, were I to have him direct me how to get somewhere he’s been a hundred times, he couldn’t do it. Sunday we were in Joliet and he wanted to go to a hot dog joint that bears an old nickname of mine. He insisted we were close. Nope. That’s in Frankfort. Under no circumstances would I allow my son to take public transportation unaccompanied.

My daughter has been calling my wife every other or every couple nights to chat. She wants to improve their relationship. Kudos to her counselor! I believe my daughter probably came up with the idea, but the counselor is giving her tips.

Could ☮️ be in my future? I 🙏🏻 for it.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

1 comment:

Lin said...

Did you try Etsy for the mask you want?

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©