Recent Posts

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Conversation Starters

Linking up to a little Sunday fun with Bevand the merry band of thieves at Sunday Stealing.

Stolen from Two Drifters

1. What is your favorite song lyric? Why? I can’t think of one.

2. Who was the worst teacher you ever had? I don’t recall his name. He taught Freshman Social Studies and smelled of whiskey and Oreo cookies. Truth! I sat next to the film projector and it was like he was breathing that down on me. Even though I was getting good grades on assignments, I was failing. I had to get my grades from every teacher, every Friday and sometimes met with the Principal. It turned out the teacher was giving me someone else’s report card grade.

3. What were 3 things that scared you as a child?  1.The asshat neighbor boys would take their belts off and shake them at me, pretending they were snakes. I screamed and ran. Not because the belts were imitating snakes, because my Dad’s choice of punishment was “the belt”. I was afraid they were going to hit me with it. Now I don’t recall getting hit more than once. Unlike my sister, I learned fast...don’t  misbehave=no belt. 2. My Dad had 3 back surgeries. In the late sixties that, and traction kept him in the hospital for months. 3.That the name calling and teasing because I was fat would never end.  


4. What are 3 things that scare you now? 
1.A health scare I had that required radiation treatment. I was going for MRI’s every 6 months. Now it’s every year. My next “checkup” is December. I really am not comfortable waiting that long. 3.Above. It still happens. But it’s much less often than I was a child. Children that call a kid fat are cruel. Adults that call an adult fat are asshats.

5. Would you rather have the power of time travel or the power to see the future? Time travel. Go back when I was a kid in the 60’s. Smelling the clean air, riding a bicycle all day, going ice skating in the woods at a pond that is now gone and a main highway. Getting hugs from my Mom. I miss her. 1984 was too soon. If I changed anything, it would be little things. Being serious about dieting, try harder to make friends after my bff dropped me. And I would have left earlier, and saved my kids.


6. Money, power, or good looks – which would you rather have an unlimited supply of?  Money. I could use the money for charitable endeavors, make some necessary home improvements, and some not so necessary. I’d help some people. 


7. Are you jealous of anything? Its kind of hard not to be, living where I live. 


8. What makes you feel most loved?  Seeing my kids or wife smile at me.


9. Do you believe in soulmates? 
Yes.

10. What is something that made you laugh the most?
  Pass.


11. What were 3 of the happiest days of your life?
  Our wedding day, the huge
Birth of my daughter, birth of my son, when my daughter came back from her break and the catatonia. She wasn’t the same as before, but she came back! One hospitalization we saw a young man who didn’t come out of it.

12. What is your biggest flaw? I talk over people. I wasn’t always like this. My short term memory isn’t the best. I’m working on not doing it. It’s part, I am starved for conversation. The other part is I feel like if I don’t jump in, I’ll forget what I was going to say, or what the other person said. 


13. Who would play you in a movie about your life?  It would probably be Rosie O’Donnell, but Kathy Bates might be a better choice.

 
14. What is something you experienced that you have no explanation for.
 I sometimes feel like my cat is rubbing my feet in bed. Maddux, Irish, and Bubba have never done that. Sophie used to do that. She passed away around 2008.


15. What is the saddest book you ever read?  Pass.


16. What is your dream home like?  A large home overlooking a beach not in a tornado or hurricane zone. Large kitchen with are large island with seating, 2 refrigerators, 2 dishwashers, lots of cabinets, countertop space, and a pantry. Master bedroom with attached bath, 3 bathrooms, 3 additional bedrooms, 3 car garage, large private greenhouse, shed for yard tools, she shed, front wrap around porch, large back porch with covered pergola, privacy fence, yards professionally landscaped with my favorite flowers, trees, and bushes. Large living room with conversation pit furniture (always wanted that, so 70’s), large screen tv hooked up to my sound system (I still don’t understand why my wife hasn’t figured this out. And yes, my wife, because I can’t go crawling behind the tv and entertainment center), enclosed gazebo with hot tub. My preference for the decor would be 70’s, MCM furniture and lights.


17. What creature/insect would most creep you out if you found it crawling on you?  Any of them.


18. What’s your preferred Monopoly piece?  The top hat, isn’t that everyone’s favorite?


19. What was your most embarrassing moment?  Pass.


20. Could the earth be flat?  Could the grass be purple? 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

7 comments:

Pandora Behr said...

Could the earth be flat. Excellent answer. I might have to borrow that sometime.

Stacy said...

Kids can indeed be cruel, but I suppose they learn it from cruel adults since those are out there, too. I'm sorry you had to go that as a kid. I miss those days of hopping on my bike and heading out into the possibilities, too. It makes me sad that kids don't run and play outside all day every day any longer. We had the same snarky kind of thought about a flat earth. LOL

Plastic Mancunian said...

Ghost cats? We lost one of our cats last year - I wonder whether he is lurking around?

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

Kathy Bates was one of my two suggestions too (Melissa McCarthy was the other). Didn't think of Rosie O, but she would also be a good choice.

One of my strongest memories as a kid was when I was in 1st or 2nd grade and wanted to take ballet and my mother told me I was "too fat." That has stayed with me for 70 years.

Me, Myself, and I said...

If any animal could be a ghost, it would be a cat. :)

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, I bet seeing your father vulnerable like that was terrible for you!

Unknown said...

I was reading ur comments about point Loomis mall..there was a yellow car on top of studabakers

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©