Recent Posts

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Day 49, 50 of Sheltering In

Saturday, Sunday.

My daughter’s boyfriend did test positive for the coronavirus. He has had a kidney condition since birth, so this is really concerning. I’m not even sure he understands what’s going on due to his mental disability. According to my daughter his mom hasn’t visited since she took him to the hospital. He is at an excellent hospital. (I did some research, they do allow 1 visitor at a time in special circumstances. His disability is included in the short list of special circumstances.) I’m sure whatever visitors are allowed are given PPE to protect them. I feel like such a crappy Mom. I have never spoken with his mom and they have “dated” over 2 years (1 year, then a long break, then over a year). Because they both live in group homes and attend the same day program they saw each other M-F and talked on the phone on the weekends. There was talk of all going out to dinner, but I kind of discouraged it because we couldn’t afford to dine out at pricey restaurants. His mom lives in a very expensive suburb. His dad lives out of state. His dad flies him out for visits often. He comes from money. Maybe this week my daughter and I can do a conference call with his mom.

Mother’s Day was nice, even though my daughter is still on lockdown at her group home. She made a video of herself giving a little speech. I’m sure my wife helped her and my son. My son is quite the prolific poem writer, however they are usually difficult to understand. I have no problem understanding them, and at one point I started re-wording them. I really should get back to doing that. 

This entire weekend I have had horrible back pain. I’m afraid if this doesn’t subside to my usual pain level I may have to go for X-rays to check on my hardware. I do NOT want to go there for a long list of reasons.

I’ve been watching the Back To The Future movies all weekend with my son. Netflix has all 3 of the movies. I’ve seen 1 and 2 a lot. I enjoy watching them. I am not a fan of the third. We will finish that tomorrow.

🙏🏻🙏🏻 for my daughter’s boyfriend. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©