Recent Posts

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Day 55, 56, 57, 58 of Sheltering In

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

Friday I went to the pharmacy, Walmart, and porch dropped my daughter’s meds. Walmart was the last stop. I got home, went to grab my HurryCane and it wasn’t in the Buick. My wife called Walmart. Thank goodness someone turned it in to customer service. I had to drive all the way back to Walmart to get it. Since I wasn’t far from my daughter’s group home I stopped by to pick up pants that I need to shorten for her. When I got home I started dinner. Homemade Kung Pao Chicken. It was my first time and it turned out great. It was a wee bit spicy (chili peppers), but it was spot on. I think my son accidentally ate a chili pepper or two because his forehead was dripping with sweat. He always brags how he can eat really spicy food. I think he wasn’t expecting it to be that spicy. 

Saturday, was leftovers. It didn’t seem as spicy.

Sunday, Italian beef and peppers made in the Instant Pot. We were going to go to the laundromat, but it was raining hella bad. My daughter was not doing well. We did a long FaceTime call and my son and I tried our hardest to be especially obnoxious and silly. It wasn’t “mean” obnoxious, just silly obnoxious to try to get her out of her funk. It worked. She kept complaining because a housemate got to go home and returned recently, but she didn’t stay home the required 14 days. I reminded my daughter that she can’t come on a home visit until the lockdown is lifted. She had to fill out leave of absence paperwork, and were she to come home she would jeopardize her job. I pray to God the governor and IDPH extend the lockdown another month for congregate living places and I pray it is announced soon. My daughter needs time to file for an extension of her leave of absence. I‘m praying for an extension for several reasons. I don’t think they should be going back when several people have/had the virus and it’s not known if they have fully recovered. I know Maria’s boyfriend is not. And mask wearing by clients is haphazard.

My daughter does not know how to properly wear a mask and staff are not instructing her and it helping her. The mask she has is too big and seems overly thick. She says it feels like she’s wearing a diaper. She has asthma and needs to be able to breath. She needs a mask that is safe, but that she can still breathe through.  I stumbled across a face mask pattern that shows on YouTube how to custom make a mask so it fits the person it is intended for snugly, and according to their measurements. I have to figure out how to get my daughter’s measurements. I may have to drop off a measuring tape and instruct from 6 feet where to place the tape and which measurements I need. If she has access to a measuring tape, I can save a trip and we can do it on FaceTime.

Monday, lazy day. My son didn’t get up until quite late and well past the time I wanted to leave for the laundromat. I was up on time and I was not happy. Frozen pot pie was for dinner.

My back pain has been terrible for almost a week. Ice, ice baby! Our ice maker isn’t working fast enough, so we have to buy a bag every 3 days or so.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020 

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©