Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 51, 52 of Sheltering In

Monday, Tuesday.

Monday was a cluster fork of a day. I was supposed to grocery shop, but instead spent over 2 hours looking for the keys to the Buick. Turned out I put them in a place I NEVER put them. Sunday I went out to get Subway for my wife. I wore a hoodie and track pants. I NEVER put keys in a hoodie pocket because they could easily fall out. I broke my rule. That’s where they were found. By the time I found them it was too late in the day to go grocery shopping. 

Instead of grocery shopping on Monday I went to Walmart in my burb to get a sewing machine tote on wheels with some of my Mother’s Day gift card booty. Sunday I ordered online for pickup from 2 other locations and had both cancelled because they claimed to be out of stock. They had 1 left in my burb. We don’t like going there because there is so much crime in the store and parking lot. It’s so close to the interstate on-ramp that location is great for a quick getaway. The flimsy plastic cover that came with the machine was in poor shape (over 10 years old), besides, I wanted some storage too. 

Tuesday my brother in law came over to mow the lawn. Again he didn’t mow the backyard! Wtfork? And it took him over 5 hours. OCD much? The backyard is going to be a jungle. Grrrr!

My daughter’s boyfriend was supposed to have the oxygen tubing removed and possibly may go home Tuesday. He didn’t, but one of his doctors told him that when he is discharged the hospital will play The Beatles “Here Comes The Sun” in celebration of beating the coronavirus. I got teary just hearing my daughter tell me that. I guess other hospitals are playing that or several other songs. The theme from Rocky, Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin”, 

We got a late start, but did get the shopping done, except for Sam’s Club. I have not gone since my failed attempt at the start of the lockdown. 

Tonight’s movie with my son is Terminator 2 Judgement Day. Eh. After he goes to bed I guess I’ll continue Hollywood on Netflix. They should just call it Casting Couch at the Texaco. Monday after he went to bed I started out watching Have A Good Trip Adventures in Psychedelics. I have to say, I was surprised at the celebrities that shared their “trips”. Just seemed to me to be many who you never would have guessed took LSD. And not just try it, they were estimating how many times they took it and described the trips.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

2 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

"Here Comes the Sun", perfect choice for recovering Covid patients. I'll be waiting to hear you say they played it.

Lola said...

He went home Wednesday and they did play “Here Comes The Sun”!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©