Recent Posts

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day 61 of Sheltering In

Thursday. Feels like Friday. 

We did go to the laundromat today. I couldn’t do anything but test the dryer loads for doneness. My back pain was terrible. I had to have my son load and unload the machines. He wasn’t thrilled that I had him do all that and disinfect our laundry baskets after loading the washers, (we didn’t use the wheeled baskets to move to the dryer, we used our laundry baskets), then disinfecting the bottoms of the hampers before putting them in the Buick. He figured out how to get it done on his own. Lift hamper, tilt into cargo area, wipe bottom of hamper, put upright and put in place. Afterwards, we hit the BK drive thru and I sprung for a chicken sandwich and a shake (I never order a shake.) 

After that we took a ride to my daughter’s group home to have her measure her face for custom masks. Staff let me measure her. (I had a mask on and Nytrile
gloves.) I did it quickly. No porch drop. Possibly tomorrow because I have to have her fill out leave extension paperwork for her part time job. I was really hoping to chill at home Friday, ice and medicate and not aggravate my back, but the paperwork needs to be handled. She wants me to pick her up takeout. We’ll see when I end up over there. I want to hit every Dollar Tree on the way and get a bunch of craft supplies for the ladies. They haven’t really been having craft time like they did at day program before the lockdown. I can’t really afford much, but it’s Dollar Tree, so my money will go further.

No word on in-law who had the coronavirus test. 

My brother in law was over to mow the lawn and he stayed for dinner. We are his weekly break from living with their dad and his 2nd wife.

I had to stop at Walmart to pick up ingredients for dinner. While there I checked out the fabric/craft area. Still decimated. I wanted to purchase thread because most I have are 20-30+ years old. I really don’t want the thread constantly breaking. All I wanted was white. The entire thread display was empty! 

Ok, show of hands, who’s on their way to bat crap crazy? Who is bat crap crazy? 🙋🏻 Who is beyond bat crap crazy?

Watching “Sweet Magnolias”. Can I say...this is like a low rent “Gilmore Girls”? More adult bizness, not as much teen bizness. I think the same people did the background music. Lol! I find it slow moving and boring. I’m running out of stuff to stream. Because I don’t watch horror or period shows/movies, it hard to find something I haven’t seen.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©