Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Day 123 of Sheltering In

Tuesday. I did not get a dang thing done that I planned to do on my day of quiet, peaceful, aloneness. I got up way too early considering when I fell asleep. I went through the McDonald’s drive thru and got the small big breakfast. That just means it’s minus hot cakes. I don’t know why, but I’ve been wanting that for the longest time. I think it’s the biscuit and the completely cooked scrambled eggs. I have a thing about scrambled eggs or omelettes. They must no longer be wet and they must not be brown and dry. Anyway, I have to say I was impressed by the PPE at my local McDonald’s. Masks and gloves at the money window AND the pickup window. BK and TB are not that consistent. I took my food home and ate it. Then I went to Ross. I’d never been there before, but my brother in law has been getting crazy good deals at the one near him. I wouldn’t say the deals I got were crazy good, they were good. I got 2 Adidas backpacks. (My daughter used backpacks a lot before the pandemic.) $14.99 for a $36 Adidas backpack is a good deal. $9.99 for an Adidas tshirt, $9.99 for Under Armor basketball shorts. After that I picked up last year’s free birthday sub. I ate 1/2 and have the other 1/2 for Wednesday when I will be home alone again. 😱

I was glad I got the T-shirt cuz I got my Kohl’s order today (only 1 trip to Indianapolis!). The Adidas track jacket that matched the pants I bought awhile back was like it was shrunk in the dryer twice. So looks like my wife and son will be getting the track suits cuz if the jacket doesn’t fit, why keep the pants? I’ll just give em to them for MY birthday. ☹️ I’m still debating the AirPods. I keep going back and forth. I should think of something else. I have 2 excellent sets of headphones but they are a PITA to plug into my iPhone 7. Whoever did away with the headphone jack and invented the dongle should be shot. I’ve never even used it because I know if I take it out from where it’s stored I will lose it, and I don’t lose things, but I would lose that because it’s hard to find an Apple certified dongle, and I’m sure they are stupid expensive. When I want to listen to my music I plug my Sony headphones into my iPad mini.

What do I want for my birthday? I have no idea. Any ideas?

Wow do I still hurt from yesterday’s PT. Melanie better not be my therapist on Wednesday. I’ll be wrecked until my appointment next week. Not only did she deep tissue massage, digging her thumbs into every sore spot I never knew I had, she made me do 2 exercises with the rubber bands that set off sciatica on my right side. If I get it, it’s usually on the left side. 

I watched more of Dirty John-The Betty Broderick Story. Dang! Amanda Peet is really killin’ this role. She definitely knows how to play a whack-a-doodle-nutjob. I think I have 2 episodes left. Did you hear Netflix canceled “Ozarks”? Jason Bateman said there would be 1 more season and they would wrap up the story. So now we’ll never know if Wendy had her bipolar brother Ben killed. Why couldn’t Netflix let Jason Bateman do another season? He acted and directed the series. 

I need to find something else that’s binge-worthy.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©