Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Day 129, 130 of Sheltering In

Monday, Tuesday. Monday was paperwork all day until it was time to get ready to go to PT. I worked on my daughter’s leave of absence paperwork and set it aside until Tuesday to go get a signature. I printed a lot of stuff and I’d like to know why the blue is barely showing when I put in a new Cyan ink cartridge Monday. I swear no matter what brand home printer I buy I get ripped off on ink cartridges. I’m pretty sure I’ve owned all the major brands, several HP, a Brother, and now Epson. Grrr. I got most of the paperwork done for a different project and never got started on the insurance. I think I will save that for Thursday and Friday because it’s going to take a lot of research.

Tuesday. I had a quick visit with my daughter to get her signature and drop off meds and the items she requested that I forgot on my birthday visit there. Our visit got cut short because I had to race home to pick up my wife and take her to the hospital emergency room. She had gone to the doctor Monday due to ankle swelling and had bloodwork and an X-ray. While I was at my daughter’s she got the call that she needed to go to the ER. Apparently something in the bloodwork showed that she may have a blood clot. Drove home, dropped off my son and picked her up. Drove up the hospital ER drive and the parking lot there was empty and no one was loitering outside or on the walk up ramp. She ran in and I waited to see if she’d come out and let me know if I could go in. She didn’t come out, so I asked the valet guy, who said nope, only patients are allowed in. I thought I’d check considering how so many of the lockdown rules have gone out the window. That’s why it was a ghost town. She got into an exam room quickly and then alarms went off and all hell broke lose (I’ve used that saying forever, but in print it looks stupid, oh well). A young gunshot victim was brought in and the hospital immediately went on TOTAL lockdown. There is a lot of gang activity near that hospital and anytime a gunshot victim comes in it’s TOTAL lockdown time. My wife didn’t say it, but from what she relayed about her conversation with a nurse, the kid didn’t make it. So sad. My wife had her oxygen levels checked, more X-rays, and a CT Scan. Everything looked good so she called me to say she needed a ride because she was being released. She needs to continue with 2X a day water pill, keep her feet elevated, walk, and follow up with our doctor Friday. Our couple friends from my wife’s former work, the guy was hospitalized for 2 weeks with blood clots in his lungs so this whole episode was quite concerning.

I am exhausted. 3 round trips to J town and nearby, may not seem like much, but for someone with chronic back pain, shoulder pain and knee pain, that’s too much time sitting, being so anxious and tense. That tension  woke up any pain that had calmed down on my first trip. I love driving, and the Buick is very comfortable with the heated seats and seat memory, the anxiety and tension really did a number on me. I may just get to bed at a decent hour for once.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©