Recent Posts

Monday, July 27, 2020

Day 128 of Sheltering In

Sunday. My wife treated for McDonald’s breakfast this morning. (Her Mom’s friend has been paying her for running errands. Not much, but it’s something. I felt bad having her pay with her earned money, but I think her treating made her very happy since she hasn’t been able to work for so long.)

Barbara didn’t show up at the group home today so they had to wait for staff from another house. This is a usual thing on Sundays. I told my daughter to let me know if Barbara or any other staff bully her Monday. The Sunday night house staff knows better than to cross me. She has worked there since the very beginning of my daughter moving in there and she knows how I roll.

After my daughter lets me know about Monday’s morning house staff I will finish up my email to the Director. I also have to work on my daughter’s leave paperwork on Monday. PT is at 5pm, so I should have plenty of time.

The birthday party at my father in law’s was nice. My brother in law gave me a Cubs coffee mug and an Under Armour polo shirt in a big pink gift bag. Lol! I wasn’t expecting anything. He had given me a Bears shirt the day he came to mow the lawn. (That may have been to butter me up to work on his tablets, but I would have done them for nothing.)

My father in law’s wife actually did go to work. 👏 So it was a pleasant afternoon. I worked on my brother in law’s 2 android tablets while everyone else played poker. Oh the trash talking! My son has been the big winner for the last 3 times we have been over there. I don’t care to play poker there. They can get quite loud and I had a bad headache today. I had to enter the info for my brother in law’s new hotspot on the old tablet and set up Zoom on the newer one so he can participate in the next bus driver meeting virtually and not have to go in person. I tested Zoom by setting up a Zoom meeting with my phone. It worked, so he’s good to go. 

I got a set of Mpow airbuds with a gift card I got. I charged them, but haven’t paired them to my iphone yet. Nearly ALL my music in my iTunes disappeared 3 updates ago. Since there have been scary issues with Microsoft updates I have not used my laptop. I’ve been afraid to even turn my laptop on because of the warnings about the blue screen of death that has happened to some people installing the update, 2 updates ago. I’ve been trying to wait it out until I read that they have an update that is confirmed it’s resolved.

Now for something completely different...A friend of my wife’s has called her twice complaining because my son attacked and destroyed her villages in a Facebook game. She called last week and she called Saturday. The same complaints both times. Both calls she told my wife to tell him to stop attacking her villages. No joke! I feel the need to see if I can play the game under a pseudonym. Anyone else care to play and destroy her villages? Maybe you think I’m out of line? I was downstairs for one of the calls and I heard my wife’s friend YELLING at my wife telling her she better tell my son to stop attacking her village.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©