Recent Posts

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Day 132 of Sheltering In

Thursday. I made 2 batches of Taco Dip to bring over to my daughter’s group home. One for each floor. For home I made my version of a supper club kidney bean salad. I made it because beans are high in magnesium and my wife needs to eat foods with that to help with her edema. She’s not a fan of many recipes that use beans, except this one and my chili. Since it’s to hit for chili I made supper club kidney bean salad. When that is gone I’m going to dust off my Mexican Bean Salad. Several kinds of beans, diced peppers and red onion, lime juice, and cumin. It’s da bomb. I haven’t made it in a long time because my daughter had to take corn out of her diet. Since she’s still on lockdown, I thought I’d make that for my next high magnesium salad.

My daughter called this morning. No staff showed up to pass morning medications. The email reply I got from the Director was that by state law they cannot pass medications more than an hour before the usual 8am, or more than an hour after. I had to jump up and down and throw a hissy fit to get them to give her the hormone pill she takes once a day to shrink her ovarian cyst. I insisted! Since it’s once a day there is no harm in giving it later. I was not going to allow them to mess up her dosing again as they did earlier this year and it screwed up her cycle. 

I spent the morning into the afternoon to try to find out if the “medication rule” was true. I called our pharmacist, who said there was ample time until the nighttime medications. I made 8 calls, spent forever on hold with various departments of IDPH. Basically, after talking to 3 actual live people... 
Survey says:
1.) I don’t know, call this department.
2.) Yes, that’s correct.
3.) No that’s wrong, they can still pass medications.
So there you have it. The Illinois Dept of Public Health can’t get a consensus to an important question.

I have too much to do Friday. I’m overwhelmed, I’m having migraines, and I can’t remember shirt. I’m locked in “screw it” mode, which is “screw it, I’m not doing it Friday”. The things that make it impossible/impractical to get the laundry done at the laundromat, or go grocery shopping, go pick up my daughter’s prescriptions and drop them off with the Taco Dip, is that we are meeting our older couple friends for breakfast...at a restaurant...dining outside. The wife is having tnr surgery Tuesday, so it’s not like we can reschedule next week. I’m still not comfortable with eating at a restaurant, even outside. Would it be rude to do a rain dance? 😂

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©