Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Day 137 of Sheltering In

Tuesday. Turns out my daughter had a UTI. They gave her an Rx for a strong antibiotic. The good in this, if there is any, was that she got the ultrasounds that she’s supposed to have gotten over 2 months ago and the group home office never scheduled them. She had them, they show the cyst is relatively the same size compared to her previous ultrasounds. (The were also done at the same hospital so the tech was able to compare them. My daughter got a copy of the results, which I of course read.) My daughter called the supervisor around 1:00am to ask how she was supposed to get home. She had to call several times before she got an answer. She was told to have the hospital call for a ride and bill it to the insurance. (Apparently the hospital doesn’t have taxi vouchers. I got stuck at a hospital past 4am because I rode in the ambulance with her and the hospital called me a taxi and used a voucher. This was about 9 years ago.) The 1:00am call was the supervisor’s fault for not telling my daughter how to get home when she ok’d the ambulance ride. Had she told my daughter at that time, my daughter wouldn’t have needed to call her at 1:00am. My daughter got back to her group home at 2am. I know this because my daughter called me at 2am. 🤦🏻

I had to get up early, drive over to my daughter’s group home, pick up the Rx and get it filled and take it back to my daughter. I also went to Walmart and picked up salad fixin’s and sparkling water and took them to my daughter. She wanted something light to eat for lunch and dinner.

Came home and Anastasia came by with her wife shortly after. Anastasia bought my son a basketball hoop on a stand and they assembled it, along with my wife. It took them a couple hours because they assembled it incorrectly and had to take it all apart, and assemble it correctly. I went outside and watched the show. Thank goodness for the masks we were all wearing cuz I could easily hide my smiles and smirks, and cover my giggles with coughs from watching Anastasia and her wife assembling the thing. My wife was even giving me a look because of the arguing. Ok, my bad for laughing, but they deserved it cuz Anastasia kept bad mouthing me and talking smack. Every damn time she is over, or we go there to pick up my son from visiting, she does it. She did it on the phone with me last night. I wanna know why she thinks it’s ok to do it. I’m not the one who caused the break up, nor have I ever belittled her or talked smack at her, but I have to suck it up because she does this in front of my son. I don’t belittle her, bad mouth her and make fun of her like she does to me. In fact, I would say that I don’t talk much because when I do she does it more. Why do I put up with it? Because I love my kids and they want to continue having a relationship her. My kids notice it and tell me after they’ve gone. I will say that my wife does notice it and doesn’t like it, but we don’t say anything because of the kids. One day I may punch her in the face, or my wife may, but for now I pull up my big girl panties and make an exit as soon as I can. 

Anastasia went on for 20 minutes about how she knows I won’t get sand to fill the base. I don’t want water put in it because that makes it a disposable basketball hoop cuz no one will remember to empty it in late fall and the base will freeze and crack. I’m going to Ace Hardware tomorrow for sand. I couldn’t find it on the Lowe’s app. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

1 comment:

Lin said...

We used sandbags on the outside of the basketball base instead of filling it because you can't move the thing then.

Glad that Maria will be feeling better soon.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©