Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Day 138 of Sheltering In

Wednesday. I have used 12x12 patio pavers and bricks to weigh down the basketball hoop base and on our old one. It worked fine, but Anastasia had to butt in and ask for the darn hose. NO! I don’t care that she paid for it, she doesn’t care that water will make it garbage for next year, ‘oh, I’ll just buy him a new one.’ Really? It’s my house and my driveway and my cars will be parked nearby and if I want to fill it with sand AND  use patio pavers and bricks then that’s what I’m gonna do. (This is tornado alley, better safe than sorry.) But gosh darn it, if I say that’s what I’m gonna do, that’s what I’m gonna do. 

I picked up my son after a grueling PT session (they did measurements, and showed 4 exercises to do at home with bands since I’ve progressed so well). We went to Ace Hardware where we were told they don’t have any sand. Umm not true, according to their website, but if they did have it they kept it well hidden. I got home and looked at Home Depot’s website. They had 3 different brands and that was without scrolling down. Combined, over 500 bags IN stock. So we will trek over there after taking my wife to the doctor. The edema in her legs is so bad it’s difficult to move her foot for the gas and brake. So I will play taxi driver. I’m afraid there may be another trip to the ER.

Did I say grueling PT? My R shoulder/arm is screaming, the L isn’t anywhere near as bad, but my lower back and sciatica is terribly painful. I felt not too bad before PT, but after showing me the home exercises I had difficulty getting out and to my car and into my house after the failed Ace run. Hopefully I will feel better in the morning. I would even be happy with a bit better.

My daughter saw our doctor today. She did not get the note that she wanted. It only included no work. It did not include no Day Program, so she had to call and ask for another note. So far staff has been more accepting of her staying at the group home on the days they go to Day Program. She told them to provide her with whatever worksheets they do and she will complete them. She can also have game time (DS) and craft time. I have a feeling the staff may have gotten talked to after the debacle that was Monday night’s trip to the ER. I have not made contact with the Director. I am letting my daughter advocate for herself and the staff and supervisor better step up and do their jobs, or I won’t hesitate to contact the Director if my daughter has difficulty reaching her.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©