Recent Posts

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Day 163, 164, 165 of Sheltering In

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I stuck to my Sunday stay at home thang. I watched QVC, then started watching movies with my son. My wife had a bad night and slept quite late, then started watching WWE. That’s her thang. She really enjoys it and often talks to her sister on the phone as they watch the same fight. 

Sunday we watched a Jurassic Park movie. Lost World...After that I asked if he wanted to watch Cobra Kai. Then I found out Netflix also had the Karate Kid movies. So we started with the first one. A blogger pally recommended watching them before Cobra Kai. My son said he hadn’t seen them, so we started the first one and got 3/4 into it by the time he wanted to go to bed. We’ll pick it up tomorrow where we left off Monday and now Tuesday I go to look for the other Karate Kid movies and now you either have to have Showtime or pay for each movie. These streaming services suck. I would rather buy the other movies from the $5 bin at Walmart or Meijer than to give the streaming services any more of my money. All the Karate Kid movies were not part of Showtime on Sunday and didn’t cost extra on a different streaming service.

Monday. PT. The tendon on the side of my ankle has calmed down a lot. Did more hamstring stretches and steps. It was ok Monday night.

Tuesday. I was on the phone with my daughter when she was told her ride for the Covid test was there. Turns out they DID NOT take her to the hospital where her PCP sent the order. He ordered the damn test and she should not have been taken elsewhere. I am livid. She was taken to a clinic run/paid for/whatever by the same place that runs the group homes and day programs. How does her PCP electronically access those results? How does her PCP get those results before he leaves for the Labor Day holiday? In answer to the obvious questions, it’s super easy to get a same day Covid test appointment at that hospital. Our family has done it 3 times. The clinic is further away from her group home. The hospital is closer. Who do they think they are ignoring her doctor’s order? I had my daughter call her doctor’s office. She talked to one of his nurses who said she would let the doctor know and let my daughter know that he won’t approve of it. The nurse was upset about it. I love our doctor and the staff at the office he is at. They remember all of us and always ask how the rest of us are when one of us has an appointment. The way some of the staff mess with my daughter, how are we to trust the test results she is given by them?

I am just super angry with them period. My daughter asked last week if we could go to her group home for Labor Day and cook on the grill since the house staff working that day refuses to use the grill. The team lead led her to believe it was not a problem. I was told I had to talk to the team lead’s supervisor, which I did yesterday. I was asked how we planned on doing it. Masks, social distancing, and wearing vinyl or nitrile medical gloves while preparing/cooking/serving food. I was told that we can’t go INSIDE the house, so we have to drive to a gas station to use a bathroom. Then I was told that this person had to talk to the Director and Asst Director to make sure it was ok, and she would call me back that day, Monday. It’s after offices closed on Tuesday and I still haven’t gotten a callback. 

My daughter also asked if she could have a long weekend home visit because she thinks 2 weeks may be too long. (Other clients have had home visits for less than 2 weeks.) No answer on this either.

Both kids are not doing well. 165 days is a long time for a relatively healthy person not to see their family for more than 5-20 minutes every week. On top of the group home nonsense, their dad is manipulating them. Promises to call, doesn’t, then days later when he does call he gets them off the phone quickly so they have no chance to talk. I’ve told them that, personally, if I were treated like that, all his numbers would be blocked. 

I saw the orthopedic doctor’s PA today. (They canceled last week’s appointment.) I don’t think the PA spent 2 minutes with me. She didn’t even ask about my wife. (They did both knees, total knee replacements on her.) That’s unusual. My previous appointment she spent a lot more time. I didn’t even get X-rays. I could have done a televisit. She didn’t even touch my shoulders or my knee. No measurements for range of motion either.

I’m just not doing well either. I feel like everything is crashing down on me.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

1 comment:

songbird's crazy world said...

This pandemic hasn’t been kind to any of us, and you have a lot ore in your plate than most of us. I hope things will start to get better soon.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©