Recent Posts

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Live Journal

August 30, 2020

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!

 

Excerpted from Live Journal 5000 Questions

1. Who is the hottest celebrity you can think of? I was going to say Gina Gershon. She was in Bound, Showgirls, Faceoff. No. It would have to be Téa Leoni from Madame Secretary.

2. Do you ever get so nervous that you can't even think?
It’s rare, but it happens.

3. Do you sing when there is no music?
If the mood strikes me.

4.Who was the best political leader in history and why?
Pass.

If you could dance with anyone in the world right now, who would it be and what song would you dance to?
My wife.

Finish this sentence your own way. There are two types of people in the world
The haves and the have nots.

What have you saved since elementary school?
I think I got rid of elementary school stuff my first move. I had saved some assignments. A book we had to make about ourselves that included what we would do after high school and what we would do for a living. Let’s just say...I know I wasn’t, but I had to be high to write that. What....a...dreamer! I thought...I was moving out on my own. My own apartment. I don’t need to read it. I have my own adventure. I had my own dream to live. I moved to Chicago. I still have the class photos and my photos from elementary school thru senior year, and my high school yearbooks.

Have you ever won an award?
I don’t recall any. Wait...technically a ribbon and placing is an award. I got a ribbon at the 4H fair when my pencil drawing was displayed with all the other art from 4H members under the grandstand at the WI State Fair. I can’t recall what I placed. Just to have my drawing displayed there was awesome.

9. Do you feel more connected to the sun or the moon?
The moon.

10 Do flaws make people interesting to you?
Flaws are definitely more interesting.

11 Who is your favorite historical figure?
Pass.

12. White bread or wheat bread?

Dave’s Killer Wheat Bread with a billion seeds and grains, thin slice.


13. Do you usually do things fast or right?
Depends what it is that I’m doing. 

14. Are you or have you ever been in a band?
No. But my friends and I would make up really odd band names. My favorite was Bryn Mawr Bag Ladies.

15. Here are 4 statements about me. Only one of them is true. Which one is it?
* I had a wild, keg party at my parent’s house.
* I was popular in high school.
* I have a bachelors degree.
* I streaked with 2 friends at my freshman homecoming game.

16. Would you wear a thong bathing suit in public?
Hell to the no. People can claim thongs are incredibly comfortable all they want. Not even in private!

17. Have you thought about death today?
Every day. It wasn’t always like this. In general when you get to 59 death comes up more often. Celebrity deaths. Now with the coronavirus, death is everywhere. It’s on tv, on your newsfeed on your phone or computer, on Facebook and Google. It’s really overwhelming. 

18. What is your favorite breakfast?
Lately it’s been a donut and coffee. 

19. Are you the life of the party?
You wouldn’t think so, but I have been the life of the party quite a few times.

20. If you hit an animal with your car would you get out to try and make sure it was okay?
I don’t think so. Makes me think of that scene in Tammy where Melissa McCarthy’s character hits a deer. She gets out of her car to check in it and the deer gets up, knocks her on her ash and takes off.

21. When do you get your most peaceful and satisfying sleep?
After an exhausting day. 

22. What thought gets you out of bed in the morning?
Coffee...and that donut. Who am I kidding? The donut! But the coffee is really good from my Keurig.

23. What are you a member of?
The human race. 

AARP. 🤣🤣🤣🤣


24. Name one place you refuse to ever go.
Back to where I used to work. I have even avoided the entire city because I don’t want to run into anyone from that horrible place. Yes, I actually did run into one of the partners at the grocery store, that’s why I have this aversion towards that area. 

25. When (and if) people (or animals) go to heaven, do they become angels?
That’s what they say.






#15. The first one was true. I was 19. Back then the legal drinking age was 18 where I lived. Just like in the movies, a ton of people showed up. I knew none of them. My sister and I invited friends and I think the friends invited friends, and so on and so on. My parents got back early. Busted! My sister took off leaving me to clean up and get shamed and lectured. So not fair! She made it look like I had the party on my own, that she wasn’t involved. My parents knew, but my sister didn’t have to clean up and all.

Lola’s Diner cc   2008-2020

 

10 comments:

Susan said...

I guessed the right one. I remember the streakers my first year at college, but not me! Did your sister ever fess up?

Stacy said...

Ha! When I saw your answer about being the life of the party I knew I'd picked the right statement as true. That is awesome about having your drawing displayed at the state fair! And getting a ribbon...icing on the cake!

The Gal Herself said...

I have a high pitched voice, so I am insanely jealous of Tea Leoni.

I echo Susan. Did you leave clean up to your sister at all subsequent family gatherings?

Kwizgiver said...

#23--that's funny! (but only because I'm a member, too)

Lori said...

When I was in college I had a wild keg party for my boyfriend's birthday. It was so much fun. I cannot even believe there was a time in my life where I was the one throwing parties. I would never do that now. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Plastic Mancunian said...

I like Tea Leoni too. Didn't think about her.

:o)

Cheers

PM

CountryDew said...

I forgot about AARP. Yikes.

Julie said...

Your answer to #20 made me laugh out loud😆

Lola said...

Are you kidding me? I don’t think my sister has confessed to anything in her entire life! She’s been arrested 3 times (that I know of). I keep saying she was switched at birth.

Lola said...

Nope. I would have got in trouble if I didn’t do what I was asked to do. I learned life’s not fair early, but I was always the “good daughter”, so there’s that.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©