Recent Posts

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Day 184 of Sheltering In

Sunday Bears Game! I got to watch part of my QVC show, then switched to the game which we record and play about 40 minutes late so we can zip through commercials and the half-time talking heads. I made a mostly no carb charcuterie board. Well sort of. I used a plastic cutting board, but that’s what I had. I have a wood charcuterie board, but it’s packed with the holiday stuff.


I did have carbs on it, because I can’t go totally without carbs, I get blood sugar crashes. We had Colby Jack cheese slices, Ham and Roast Beef with Colby Jack wrapped inside; Pepper Jack cheese slices, Genoa Salami and Roast Beef with Pepper Jack wrapped inside; Cream Cheese and Corned Beef, Ham, or Roast Beef Pinwheels; Cream Cheese and Chives Stuffed Baby Peppers.

Da Bears won! Woot! Woot!

Not sure how I should feel about it, but my sister suggested to my daughter that we do Christmas gift opening before my daughter has surgery. I think she just means the stuff from her, which I usually put the shipping box, still sealed, in the closet until Christmas Eve, or morning. I do it so the gifts look more plentiful. The days of lots of clothes and game systems and games ended the year I had back surgery. I digress. Why would my sister say that to my daughter? Regardless of her reasoning, my sister should have talked to me about it. 🀷🏻‍♀️ Don’t mind me, I’m just her Mom.

I’m feeling really overwhelmed. It’s my doing, my fault. I still haven’t done anything about the furnace or washer and dryer. Furnace is the priority, but I find myself stuck, as if in cement, I can’t/won’t contact a place for an estimate. I have several reasons why...I fear being ripped off because I no longer have a guy for this kind of job, I’m not comfortable having a stranger in my home due to the coronavirus, and I don’t want to know how much it’s going to cost. Truly, I just feel like EVERYTHING is on my shoulders...my 2 bad shoulders. πŸ˜• I don’t see that changing, but if I ask for calls to be made for something in August, and it hasn’t been done yet, wtfork? It’s ONE thing! I’m going to stop there, cuz there’s no point.

I’m also feeling overwhelmed about my daughter’s surgery. She wants to recover at my house, which we would love! Seriously, we would prefer for her to recover at my house. My daughter is adamant about not recovering in a nursing home, which is where the organization sends clients for recovery from surgery. The other option, a rehab facility is just code for a nursing home that claims to do rehab, like PT, but really doesn’t do much. How do I know? My father in law spent time in one after his cancer surgery a couple years ago. I think it was liver cancer. He’s doing fine, but he’s 74ish so a rehab facility/nursing home for recovery isn’t as jarring as it is for a 27 year old.

So I extended an olive branch to my ex-friend who lost her younger brother to fentanyl overdose). I asked her about going to garage sales, probably Friday. (That’s her thing, garage sales.) I asked her to give me the details and I would let her know when I could meet her, village-wide garage sale where she lives. Even though I can’t walk much, I will follow through. I suspect I won’t hear from her at all. She works under the ‘got a better offer, or changed my mind, but I won’t bother to let you know’ rule. It doesn’t matter because I did make an effort. I stopped taking that personally years ago.

I read too much about current events. I think I read Dr Fauci said the coronavirus will still be around til the end of 2022. πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜·

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020




No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©