Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Day 329-331 of Sheltering In

Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Our Saturday trip to my father-in-law’s was canceled due to the weather. It wasn’t too bad by us, but by him there was a lot of accumulated snow.

Sunday. Valentines Day. We had a nice dinner. 

Monday we had snow again. My daughter was getting more impatient and I just felt we had to drop off her meds, Valentines treat, cough drops, a few snack items, and her blender that I fixed. ✋  Don’t send over your broken appliances. Lol! All I did was take apart the jar base and clean it and put it back together. I think someone took it apart, but didn’t put it back together quite right. After I did that I tried all the speeds and they all worked fine. It snowed and snowed and snowed more. It was good that we made the trip Monday because we’re getting more snow overnight.

It was a very time consuming trip for a 5 minute hello and drop off. But I did get quality time with my son for the drive and what little shopping needed to be done. Yes, it was like a trip in the Way Back Machine, like in the “Sherman & Mr. Peabody” cartoons from 1959. Most of today’s trips were ones I hadn’t heard of before. He told a story I hadn’t heard before about his friend that passed away a little over a year ago. What a great young man. So polite, and talkative. I really wished that they would have kept in touch more after my son and I had him as our waiter at Chili’s about 6 months before he passed away from a heart condition he had since birth. I digress. It was a pleasant car ride in terrible weather 

I need to either stifle my habit of trying to buy or make the best gifts, or better manage when the reciprocation isn’t quite of the same caliber. If that makes any sense. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©