Recent Posts

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Day 332-335 of Sheltering In

Tuesday-Thursday. The snow just keeps coming! It’s beautiful...no doubt, but enough already! 

This is from January 31st. There is more snow out there now. I haven’t been able to get out of the house. Nothing like waking up, trying to get out of bed and terrible in pain. I’ve been having terrible sciatica pain, and pain on the outside of my left calf. Everything is super tight and feels like an unending charley horse. It’s not like I’ve over done walking, or anything for that matter. I just know that I’m tired of this and I don’t like taking a muscle relaxant because it ends up letting the tightness lessen...but also puts me to sleep.

As if we don’t have enough issues, we have plumbing issues on the 2nd floor. After dinner my wife will come up and use the plunger on the toilet, while I cover the sink drain with a towel or something. If that doesn’t fix it, that means the plumbing stack on the roof is blocked. We can wait for the snow to melt or call a plumber which will be well over $600. Even if we wait for the snow to melt that may not fix it. I had to have it done at the house in Chicago in the late ‘90’s for $570.

In other news, my daughter’s boyfriend may be moving either to live with his mom in a posh NW suburb, or with his dad in Maryland, but he may move into the apartments for awhile. It’s all not very clear and it’s like a kid’s game of telephone with the cans and string. Her boyfriend’s parents tell him, he tells my daughter, and my daughter tells me. Needless to say she is upset and looks very depressed. With this news and the news that her friend on the 2nd floor is not moving into an apartment, she’s depressed. The good thing is that my daughter makes friends quickly and will have a bestie pretty quickly after moving in and we will be 5 minutes away. 

Got off FaceTime with my daughter a bit ago. No new info on the boyfriend situation, but I do give her a lot of credit for saying she will NOT be moving to Maryland. She told him that before she told me about his move. She had a pulmonologist televisit today. Her doctor is not allowing her to resume day program or go out in the community until her asthma is under control. Her asthma symptoms got much worse after the 2nd COVID-19 shot. I hadn’t read anything about that online, I will have to research it. She could come on a home visit, but we need to find out the rules from the group home. Yes, my daughter did go out to stores with us when she was home for the holidays, but we are more vigilant about how to properly wear a mask, and we require her to wear gloves that we provide her with. The staff does not insure the clients properly wear masks, and lately it’s been a revolving door, and they have days where there is no day staff when there isn’t day program (1/2 week). Staff just doesn’t show up. Every time I talk to my daughter she mentions new names. Anastasia’s wife is still off work due to the car accident she had a couple months ago. According to my kids conversations with them, she had great difficulty walking.

FYI-The day count of each post is based upon my daughter’s group home going on lockdown March 23rd, with her last day of work being March 22nd. I think everyone is basing their counts on different days depending on when shutdown events happened near them, or affected them.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

3 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

I was wondering what you based your count on. My last day of work in an office was March 13, and I have been working from home ever since. So I guess my count would begin March 14.

It's been quite a year, ahsn't it?

Lolasdiner said...

Ugh! I think in Illinois all non-essentials closed, just about everything closed that week of March 23rd. If I’m off, I blame it on being held hostage in my own home for so long!😁 Fortunately we only had to quarantine for 14 days once. My son and I were exposed to my wife’s ashhat friend who KNEW she had all the symptoms and went for a test that day. My wife stayed on the 1st floor and my son and I on the 2nd floor. We were being Good Samaritans dropping off food from a pop up food pantry we had gone to. We got there near the end and the people running it were asking if they could fill up my suv with boxes of food and could I share it with people I knew because otherwise it would have gone back on the trucks and spoiled. I say it after the fact all the time, ‘no good deed goes unpunished’.
It’s still hard getting used to my daughter not coming home every weekend. She came home for 14 days for Thanksgiving, and about 18 days for Christmas and NY day.

songbird's crazy world said...

My mom is 88, I’ve seen her on her porch, but haven’t been inside her house since March. It sucks.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©