Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Day 344-350 of Sheltering In

Saturday-Saturday. Not much going on...that’s not medical related. ☹️ I need some fun or something.

My daughter is itching to come on a home visit. Supposedly home visits are no longer restricted to 14 days or more...last time I checked. This is due to clients having gotten the 2 vaccine doses. Of course this could change any time. My daughter really wants to be home for St Patrick’s Day. She wants corned beef and cabbage. Monday she asked me what was on the menu for Easter. Really? Monday was March 1st, Easter is April 4th, nearly a month apart. Do I really need to plan my menu a month in advance?

My daughter is still trying to find out about the apartments. When is move in day, and what are they providing? Or does my daughter have to go on a massive shopping trip? My daughter did hear that the apartments were furnished, but not from reliable sources. 

I don’t know what the deal is, but this week it’s really hit me hard that I’m going to be 60 in July. Maybe it’s because my daughter will be 28 on Easter. Or maybe it’s because my hair is starting to go wayyyy more gray than light brown. Or maybe it’s because 2 classmates passed away last week. One was trim and very healthy looking (no cause of death given), the other has had serious health issues for years. The first one grew up in my neighborhood, but I didn’t really know him. He was in some of my grade school classes, that’s it. The second went to the same high school, but I didn’t know her at all.

PT started up again this week for my L knee/leg. Not all that thrilled because they scheduled me 3 days a week. That means it will be near impossible to drop by my daughter’s group home. 

I continue to be on a news free binge. I continue my ban on tv news and have added CNN and HuffPost online. I occasionally read an article from a notification. I completely stopped reading articles about the stimulus check. They are all repetitive, and let’s face it, it’s going to be awhile. I’ve told my kids it’s not a topic up for discussion. We need that money for a furnace, and probably electrical work. We tried the furnace last week and it appears it’s not getting any electricity. Apparently the flood water was high enough to damage the on/off switch. Tuesday I paid last month’s electric bill which was due Wednesday. I waited until the last minute hoping for a miracle, or something. It was a 1 month bill. $430.10. 🤯 It’s so high because of the oil filled electric space heaters.

In stupid news of the day...last night I tripped and smashed my forehead, eye, and upper cheek into the window air conditioner. Good thing we never took it out of that window. If it hadn’t been there I would have smashed into the window. I tripped on air, or my own other foot. I’ve been sleeping very little, so I was exhausted. Maybe that’s why it happened? Bonus...I fell asleep right away. I expected to wake up with a black eye, or bruising on my forehead and cheek, but none. My cheek is a little swollen and tender. I got off lucky. Apparently this was hilarious!

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©