Recent Posts

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Random stuff

I took my daughter to a funeral yesterday. A woman from their Day Program passed away. They had a small service outside at a park district Pavillion. Today while I was out grocery shopping with the kids my daughter got a call from the guy that runs programs and activities for her apartment complex. He told her to stop by the office, he needed to see her. When we got back to her place she went to see him right away. More bad news. An older gentleman on her floor passed away. We think from Covid because he stopped hanging out on the first floor right about the time flyers were put on all the tenants doors that 1 person in the building had Covid. Such a nice guy. I always made sure I greeted him when I came and went from the building. He would hang out in the sitting area by the entrance most of the day. I think he was lonely. Other tenants hung out with him, sometimes they played cards.

I need to stop consulting Dr Google. It’s just making me freak out. I’m having symptoms of kidney function issues. Tomorrow I go for more labs and see my PCP Monday, and a Nephrologist on Wednesday. This is the reason I became a vegetarian 2 months ago next Wednesday. Plant protein is supposed to be easier on your kidneys. (Not a speck of meat has passed these lips.) I’ve also been analyzing food labels and looking up nutrition information on produce. I literally spent 4 hours at the grocery store today and didn’t buy much. I’m looking for foods that are low in all of the following:
Sodium 
Potassium 
Phosphorus 
I also continue to look at carbs and fiber. I probably spent over 20 minutes analyzing labels for tortillas. It’s insane how much sodium some of them had. I went with corn street taco size tortillas and made quesadillas with queso cheese. I had 2 street taco sized quesadillas and a cup of red seedless grapes for dinner. Not joking. The only other things I had today were 1 blueberry muffin and a Matcha Green Tea drink at Starbucks. The medium size, whatever that’s called.
So labs tomorrow and they will send me home with a jug to collect…you know. After my labs we are meeting 1/2 of the older couple we are friends with at a Mexican joint. We have the same PCP, and he also has kidney issues, but he’s been told his diagnosis. I haven’t. I think he is further along with tests, nephrologist, and nutritionist appointments. I have to call the nutritionist Friday. I’ve just been going by what I’ve read, and really need to have the nutritionist educate me.

I got notification yesterday that  my driver’s license was reinstated. First thing I did after I opened the mail was grab my shoes and the Buick keys and left the house solo! Now that I can drive the Buick, the Blazer has a flat tire that can’t be repaired. Gah! Supposedly my brother-in-law is coming on Sunday to put the spare on so I can buy a pair of tires Monday. Neither my wife, nor I can change it because of back and knee issues. If I could remember how to use a scissors jack, I would instruct my son to do it. If I see my neighbor tomorrow I’ll ask if I can borrow his hydrologic jack. He’ll probably change it for me, and I will happily pay him. 

Lola’s Diner © 2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©