Recent Posts

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Coronavirus Questions

Our host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

coronavirus.jpg

Pandora has posted a bunch of Coronavirus questions on her blog and shared them with all of us.  Thanks, Pandora!!


1. Has the COVID-19 affected your work environment? I am on medical leave, not working.


2. How are you feeling about the Coronavirus? It’s very scary how fast it has spread and how many are dying. Very anxiety increasing.


3. Has anybody you know been tested / have you? Thankfully no one I know has had the symptoms and needed to be tested.


4. Do you have any friends stuck in any exotic locations? I wouldn’t call Florida exotic, but my idiot sister went on her Florida trip that started 03/17/20. No amount of talking to her could convince her to cancel. I asked her “What if the airports shutdown?” She said she would extend her car rental and drive back to Wisconsin. At the time I didn’t think about the possibility of state borders closing. Those rumors started a few days ago. She also will likely have to stay home on lockdown for 2 weeks. There is a possibility of working from home, but someone from work would have to drop off a laptop. I haven’t had a real, leave the state, go to another state, stay in a hotel for a week, type vacation since the mid 1980’s. I would definitely cancel! She goes on vacation, flying to Arizona or Florida several times a year.


5. Have you changed any of your personal habits due to the pandemic? Yes. I stopped going out for groceries. I was going about every other day because we lost a freezer. (I lost an entire freezer full of meat and veggies due to flooding caused by our sump pump going out. I also lost my washer, dryer and furnace. How do I go to the laundromat, usually the dirtiest place on the planet?) I was gifted a freezer and this week I have been stocking it. I am done now.


6. What is the craziest thing you've seen or heard about the outbreak? Well, 2 Costco stories. The first from Georgia, I believe. Two men were fighting over supplies. Can’t remember if it was water or paper products. They each grabbed a bottle of wine, smashed it and used it as a weapon. Both were cut up pretty bad by the time the fight was broken up. I also heard our nearby Costco had 2 women fighting over paper products. One pulled out a knife and was stabbing the other. In other news, my wife may need bail money. A woman in a BMW cut her off, barely missing her. Apparently the woman had to get to Target faster than my wife. The woman saw my wife coming in to Target and started to RUN AWAY from her. Literally RUN! So my wife chased her. My wife chased her for awhile and then took care of her business. Gives new meaning to the phrase “Target run”. 😂 My spouse said the BMW was still parked when she went to our car. So she hung out awhile and called me. I told her that lady is probably having a latte in Starbucks and watching through the window to see when you leave. Lol!


7. Do you think our politicians are doing enough to curb the crisis? Hell to the no!  The testing kits should have been accepted from WHO. The shelter in place/lockdowns should have been immediate once things went quickly south for China, or the first case was discovered in the US. At that point anyone with half a brain could see how fast it was spreading in other countries. To hell with panic, it should have been done then.


8. Have you stockpiled anything because of the crisis? I may have gotten extra food for my cats. I filled a new freezer, but that wasn’t stockpiling. I lost an entire freezer of food and was replacing it when we got a new freezer.


9. What do you think you will miss the most if you are subject to a lock in? Seeing my daughter. 😭 Her group home is on lockdown and no visitors allowed. She had been coming to my house for home visits every weekend and my daughter would treat at an area restaurant. That was our normal. She can still go to work, but that’s it. Her day program shutdown too, so there are 12 residents with various mental illnesses who are on lockdown 24/7. I’m surprised, but thankful there haven’t been any incidents since the day program lockdown on Tuesday.


10. What is the weirdest rumour you've heard about the virus? That men in Hazmat suits, goggles, masks, and gloves are ringing doorbells saying they are from the government and then they walk in and steal whatever they want. It’s true, minus the protective gear, they wear regular street clothes.


11. Do you have a favourite meme about the virus? I can’t get a link for the video with Kermit dancing to Fleetwood Mac’s “Dreams”. “When you’re on day 2 of your self quarantine but your 8th bottle of wine.”

And:



12. Has the virus made you grateful for anything? Very grateful that my family has remained healthy. Knock on wood.


13. Have any of your plans been upset by the outbreak? My daughter can’t come on a home visit and we can’t all go out to dinner.😭 More upset about the can’t come on a home visit. We are going to surprise her Sunday with FaceTime. She has no internet, so not sure if it will work. Her group home has promised to give out the internet password if the house is clean, however, since they are all so depressed they couldn’t care less about cleaning.


14. Are you planning do to anything different because of the COVID-19 outbreak? Yes. Staying home. Only going out to pick up prescriptions and whatever my son failed to tell me we were out of when I went to 2 damn stores yesterday. Today we are out of milk and salt. How many times in my life have I run completely out of salt? Until now? NEVER! My spouse is doing the prescription pickup today, so if Target has them she will get them. Otherwise, dry cereal til the next time we pickup prescriptions. How many times do I have to ask ‘is there anything else we need? And I don’t mean snacks and treats.’ Always have to be specific. Lol!  And I just asked it again when my spouse said she was making a call and then going. 


15. What do you hope to see in six months time? I hope to see everyone recovered and no more infections from Covid-19. And the economy recovering and people who have been unable to work return to work.


 16. Has the Coronavirus upset your mental health in any way? Yes. My anxiety is through the roof. Normally it’s kind of high because of finances. But now I’m concerned about my daughter working twice her usual hours in a grocery store. I keep telling myself that in a way this is a good thing because she doesn’t hear ALL that’s going on with Covid-19. She is a professional ruminator. She would be out of control with anxiety and depression from staying on complete lockdown. And she would be constantly texting and calling me complaining about the bully on her floor and begging me to come get her. With her working, she sees her work friends and enjoys talking with her regular customers. She really enjoys that part of her job, talking to customers.


Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Frustrating when you can't communicate with your daughter. Same with my 100 yr old mother, who is in a facility that is not allowing visitors. She has alzheimers, and doesn't know who I am, so calling or FaceTime-ing doesn't work either. We are on lock down until at least April 7.

Stacy said...

I am sorry you can't see your daughter. That has to be frustrating and difficult for both of you. I know at the nursing home we had begun setting up Skype and Facetime chats for residents with their family members. Is that something you and your daughter could do?

Love that Jake from State Farm meme. I hadn't seen that one.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Scary stories from Costco.

Some people are going crazy.

:o|

Cheers

PM

Lori said...

Oh yes! The Kermit meme is my absolute favorite! So funny. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Lolasdiner said...

We did FaceTime tonight, I just hope I don’t go over my data plan. They have no plans to help clients “see” their families. The team lead isn’t going to give out the password. I’m willing to bet she is just trying to scam them to clean more. I don’t want to call the director for the 4th time this month. I want to save the next call for something important. I’m sure the director has no idea about the internet deal because that internet is supposed to be for staff. Even though they use it very little and the additional internet use would not exceed their limit. It’s just a game for that team lead. She doesn’t know who she’s playing with.😏

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©