Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day 4 of Sheltering in

I’m at day 4 today. I began Saturday because I had prescriptions to pick up and deliver and pick up items my daughter needed. A sort of care package. A few things she needed for dinner, items from the bakery department for her to share with housemates. And flavored sparkling water. She asked for soda. I went healthy. When she was coming on home visits I would have her try different flavors, trying to get her to make the changeover like I have. I drink soda when I have low blood sugar, it’s seldom, but that’s it.

My daughter found out yesterday the group home is no longer allowing clients to work because of the coronavirus. The assistant director made the calls to all of the employers and clients. My daughter’s boss wasn’t in so the MOD was given the details and my daughter must call her boss today. She called her union rep yesterday to get assurances about her job. She was scheduled T-F, but then had taken vacation late next week because of doctor appointments which have now become phone consultations. It’s also her birthday the 4th. A couple years ago she started celebrating her birthday for a week, actually, she’s been doing it for all of our birthdays. Not sure where that came from. But that was the reason she took the time off. Any time beyond that she will be on leave until the group home allows clients to return to work. She seems ok with it. Maybe a bit relieved.

UPDATE: So much for her job being safe. My daughter called and spoke with a different MOD than she was supposed to, the other one was not available. She was told she needed a doctor’s note and she might get fired. She has a call in to the assistant director and her union rep. It’s not like she doesn’t have enough to ruminate on.

I told her yesterday, and will be telling her everyday that we will celebrate her birthday when the restrictions caused by the coronavirus are lifted. I also told her the same thing about Easter. I ordered her gift before all this, so I already have it. I also bought a small amount of Easter candy. Not sure why I did it because I’ve been saving money by buying things the day after the holidays. Anyway, I’m all set except for last minute things like the birthday cake and ham for Easter.

I really hate being the enforcer, or common sense person in the house, but this coronavirus is some serious shirt. My spouse wanted to go visit her dad and do some laundry. While it would be nice to do laundry for free, it’s just not a good idea. Her dad is in his 70’s and has asthma, diabetes, and other health issues. Late last week news articles were reporting that people could have no symptoms, yet be a carrier. I caught all kinds of shirt for insisting we not go visit him due to these new reports. 

In light of those news reports would you meet your senior friends (asthma, diabetes, and more) for a picnic at the pond by another nearby friend’s house? The husband was recovering from a blood clot in a lung not that long ago. True, she said we would do social distancing, but I say you err on the side of caution. I certainly would never visit her dad, or these friends if there was a possibility that myself, my spouse, or my son were to later find out one of us were carriers and infected any of them. Yes, I agree I’m being melodramatic, but am I really? Look how fast the number of cases are increasing. I don’t know when the complaining is going to end. It’s a bit overwhelming. I don’t understand where the animosity is coming from. Because I made a smart decision, I have to suffer for it. Not right.

My daughter’s group home still won’t give up the WiFi password. Last week I spoke to the assistant director about this and was assured that due to the lockdown the password would be given to clients. It hasn’t been, so Sunday I FaceTimed my daughter. It made her so happy, really brightened her mood. Yesterday she wanted to do it again and I had to tell her no. If we go over on our data plan we will be bumped to the next plan which costs about double. I can’t do that. I need to check my data used so far and see if we can do it again on Sunday.

My daughter has 2 infected toes. This is her 4th episode of toe infections. Two separate episodes landed her in the hospital for several days each time. I can’t reach our doctor or his staff to try to get him to send over prescriptions for antibiotics, or do a phone consultation and then the prescriptions. She has to get on the antibiotics ASAP or she will need IV antibiotics and no way do we want her to need to be hospitalized.

UPDATE: My daughter has a video appointment later this morning. 

As if I didn’t have enough on my shoulders, right?

I’m getting stir crazy. Maybe when we get a warmer day I can have my morning coffee outside. At least I would get some fresh air. Neither my spouse, nor I can go for a walk. Her back is bad, and one of her knees. My back is terrible and I have no sense of balance. I think coffee on the porch is the safer bet. If I feel up to it maybe I’ll give my son instruction on some yard work. Sounds like a good plan.

Be safe 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©