Recent Posts

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Day 76, 77, 79 of Sheltering In

Friday, Saturday, Sunday. The days just all run together.

Protest in J Town Friday. It was actually quite near my daughter’s group home, so I was not going near there. My brother in law came over to do the front lawn. FIVE hours and it looks like it hasn’t been cut for 2 weeks. Dang it all! Lower the deck, I don’t give a shirt if it gets scalped, I actually prefer it because sometimes we get so much rain it grows too fast. Scalp the front and side and it should take an hour and a half with the walk behind mower. If the rider was working it would take a half hour. If the rider were working I’d mow the damn lawns myself. Front and side yards look like shirt because they look like they need to be mowed right after he does it!

Saturday my brother in law came over to mow the back yard. Mmm, not so much. He bought ANOTHER gas weed whacker and played with that for at least 5 hours. Back yard is still not done, trees are not trimmed (he promised that several years ago). My electric chainsaw works just fine, but he wants to buy a larger gas chainsaw. It’s not necessary, but if it will get him to trim the darn trees, then do it already! It’s his money he’s spending, not mine. 

After he left my son and I went to the bodega for veggies to make tabuleh. Ever since I tried the recipe from Pinterest I’m making it about every other week.  After I got back my wife went to pick up a gyros plate for my son and I to share, and I had the leftovers for lunch on Sunday. This non-chain restaurant is very generous with portions. We always order extra pita bread and extra tzatziki sauce knowing we will get 3 meals out of 1.

Sunday morning my son and I ran to Walmart to pick up what my daughter wanted, then picked up a taco plate on the way to drop them at her group home. I got there and there was a woman in a car in the driveway. My daughter told me that was their daytime staff. My daughter took her items from Walmart and her takeout, then brought her laundry down and loaded it in the Buick. Both washing machines have been out of service for 2 weeks. A repair person came midweek, but after other ladies tried them, found out they weren’t working properly. Guess who has to go to the laundromat tomorrow? I’m thrilled to have the honor! 

We stopped at The Jewel. Yes, it’s Jewel Foods (Albertsons), but we all call it The Jewel. Just went for a few items. While I was there my daughter called very upset. Nutjob was threatening my daughter, ordering my daughter to do Nutjob’s chores, threatened to throw away my daughter’s leftovers, and blocked my daughter from retrieving her leftovers to take to the 1st floor fridge so they would be safe. I asked if my daughter talked to staff. She replied no, staff was STILL in her car. I asked when that staff person started work. 9am. I asked if that person went in the house at all, she said no, she had been in her car the entire shift. I asked if she called the Team Lead. She said yes, but got no answer, same with On-Call. That was it. I had enough. I called the Team Lead and left a scathing message on her voicemail, then started typing a text to her when she called me back. Whenever she calls me back she makes like she didn’t listen to the message. She’s so fake. Anyway, I went all over everything with her. I also told her how staff had been in her car the entire shift. I asked her what her employer would think of that, paying a staff member to sit in her car. (I am not afraid to call her, the Asst Director and the Director when there are serious issues. At least 1 client in that group home requires constant supervision because she is known to run away, and self harm. If staff has to leave to pick a client up from work (none of them are working due to the lockdown), or run to the store, that 1 client must accompany the staff because she is not allowed to be home with no staff. The Team Lead said she would call that staff person as soon as she got off the phone with me, then she said she would call Nutjob and set her straight. That staff person needs to be terminated. Her entire job is making sure all the clients are safe and don’t harm themselves or others. I’m going to have my daughter text me in the morning to see if that staff person is there, and if she is in the building doing her job. If she’s there, I’m contacting the Asst Director and Director. I’m sure the Team Lead won’t even let them know about that staff member being in her car nearly her entire shift. 9am-3pm is the shift. I spoke with the Team Lead at 1:45pm. Since she called that staff person after we finished talking, that basically means that staff person worked less than an hour and 15 minutes, and jeopardized the health and well being of all the clients at my daughter’s group home for 6 hours and 45 minutes. 

After I got home I started dinner. A favorite that my wife has had a taste for, but we can’t travel for it, so I got a copycat recipe off Pinterest for La Hacienda Wet Burritos. I never had Wet Burritos before. They were  awesome, and my wife and my son loved them. Monday and Tuesday my wife will have to do dinner. Monday is laundry day and Tuesday is Orthopedic doctor for my shoulders. I can guarantee x-rays, and manipulation which is gonna hurt like hell. I have an appointment for my knee next Tuesday cuz you can never do 1 appointment for 2 body parts, even though it’s the same doctor. Whateves. It gets me out of the house. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©