Recent Posts

Friday, June 19, 2020

Day 88, 89, 90 of Sheltering In

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Tuesday I went to the orthopedic doctor for my R knee. That was not fun. The last several X-rays I was lying on my R side, told to put my L leg over my right thigh, then point my L foot to the left. That pretzel pose woke up my sciatica on the L side. Fabulous. The pain did lessen after medication, however, every nerve, muscle, and tendon was pulled taunt. And I mean taunt. I slept badly.

Wednesday first full session of R shoulder PT. My L leg was still very tight. I also have an order for PT for my R knee, but they are ignoring it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Afterward every single joint, except the ones in my hands, was hurting. I went home, medicated, and iced my R shoulder and back.

Thursday. More R shoulder PT. Afterward my son and I went next door to Starbucks. I ordered on my phone and had my son go in to pick up. So much easier. The drive through was at least 10 cars deep with 4 cars waiting to get in line. I like ordering on my phone so I can see the nutritional information and see how many pumps of sugared syrup. I always customize by reducing by 1 or 2 pumps. Less sugar, less carbs, and I prefer the drinks that way because I think the standard recipes are way too sweet for me. I did some grocery shopping after that. Not a lot. We needed cat food and litter and I just bought a few other items. I got home, medicated and iced my R shoulder and back twice. So glad I picked up another reusable ice/cold pack last week.

I don’t know if you all have seen or heard that Saturday is National No Mask Day. 

I saw it on Facebook. What the hell is the matter with people? Are they not happy that the number of cases of coronavirus is very much increased for the states that opened early? Saturday will be my Sunday. Translation-I will be staying home Saturday instead of my usual Sunday. I have to do a porch drop at my daughter’s group home, so that will be Sunday.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020


2 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Only in America is wearing a mask considered a political act. Which is why we are doomed to be dealing with Covid 19 long after the rest of the world recovers

Lolasdiner said...

Lately everything is political.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©