Recent Posts

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday Stealing-The Very Odd Questions

Welcome to Sunday Stealing, one of the longest running memes around. Our current host is Bev. Please visit here to join in the fun.

Bev says:

This is a rather odd set of questions, stolen from MimiWrites
(Thanks for the suggestion from The Gal Herself)

1. How many gravy boats do you have in your kitchen? Two. I have one in a Christmas pattern that matches my Christmas dinnerware, and one that is made by Crockpot that keeps the gravy warm.

2. Do the clothes in your laundry basket need ironing?  I rarely iron. I iron my dress clothing before an event. I also iron while sewing. I fold most of our clothing and smooth out the wrinkled as I fold. Anything with persistent wrinkles goes in the bottom of the hamper so the weight of the items above gets rid of the wrinkles. If I’m going to wear a button down shirt and have no time for ironing I will use Downey Wrinkle Release. I will do the same to polo shirts with persistent wrinkles.

3. What is the last thing you wallpapered? Hell to the no! I do not wallpaper. I had a large rectangular room in my house in Chicago that had horrible flocked wallpaper. It was a nightmare to remove.

4.  Wooden floors or carpet? Either. Depends on the room. Wooden floors have to be real wood, not the fake crap. And no parquet wood flooring. I have it in my kitchen and dining room and I hate it. It’s too dark and seems dated with my light oak cabinets and dining set.

5.  Why do we put out guest towels if no one is supposed to use them? I never have guests anymore. Well, especially now with the coronavirus. Even before that I rarely had guests. If I am expecting guests and I have time, I will put out my newest towels. I don’t have any guest towels per se.

6.  If your spatula could talk, what would it say about your duvet? I don’t currently have a duvet. I lost it with my favorite down comforter when my basement flooded. ☹️ Which spatula? I have about 5, 9 if you count spoontulas.

7.  Have you replaced the batteries in your smoke alarms this year?  Technically yes. I put out new battery operated smoke detectors and installed brand new batteries. I have a wired smoke detector system throughout the house, but a couple of them don’t work, so I bought the battery operated ones for those areas.

8. If you could put thyme in a bottle, what is the first thing that you'd like to do? 
The first thing that I'd like to do
         Is to save every day
        ‘Til eternity passes away
         Just to spend them with my wife.
Love Jim Croce. And if you are talking about thyme, the spice, I’d make a vinaigrette. 🙂
9. Do eggs really crack or do they merely have a nervous breakdown? I’ve never observed psychotic symptoms in food, so I would have to say they really crack.

10. Why are you whipping the butter? What did it ever do to you? 
If I happen to have my Kitchenaid Mixer out, I will whip a stick or two of butter because incorporating air makes it go farther. It’s expensive.

11. Do your spoons spoon in the drawer? Have you ever noticed? And more importantly, if wooden spoons spoon do they get splinters?  Actually, they don’t spoon because they are stacked on top of each other, back to front. So what would you call that? Cowgirl? Cuz it’s not Reverse Cowgirl. 🤭 I only have 1 wooden spoon, so I would think he may be lonely.

12. You hear: "Dumpling, my Dumpling, come hither." The candles are lit, the fondue is dipping, the Godiva is pouring, the scallions are steaming and the music is playing.....but wait, the windows are open.  Why did you close them? Umm, when did we time travel to a period where “Dumpling” and “come hither” were common in the lexicon? And if time travel is possible, I’m sure I’d bypass that time period.

13.  Do you need a recipe to cook or are you a bohemian chef? I do both. If it’s something I’ve cooked more than a few times, or recently, I will go bohemian.

14. Is your pot black?  No, my big pot is stainless steel.

15. What is the sexiest spice or condiment in your cabinet?  What makes it so? I’ve never thought of my spices or condiments as having sex appeal, but I betcha I have way more than most people because I cook all types of cuisine. Italian, Mexican, Indian, Puerto Rican, Chinese, and more.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

3 comments:

LA Paylor said...

wow what a struggle you're having to get responsible care for your daughter. What's wrong with people? I enjoyed your answers
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

The Gal Herself said...

Downey Wrinkle Release changed my life.

Susan said...

I live in Calif. This was our first time eating out since dine in opened up. Lots of rules. Must wear mask going in and out but not while eating of course. Tables are at least six feet apart so lots of empty tables. No menus given, no condiments on the table. We ate out in the patio with only 1 table by us. All staff has to wear mask and daily temps taken. So we felt safe to eat. We don't go out much. Our daughter buys groceries too. We went quickly through the store and all in there had to wear mask. Hand sanitizer all over. Sorry about tour daughter.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©