Recent Posts

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Sunday Stealing-From Thursday Thunks

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!


 

 

 

Questions from Thursday Thunks

1. If you could be a Muppet, which would you be?
Either Waldorf or Statler.

2. Why is a chicken crossing the road in the first place??
Because it used to be a dirt road. The paved road is there now and therefore the road must be crossed.

3. What's your favorite muscle?
The heart. The heart is a muscle.
 ðŸ’“ 

4. Cheerios or Rice Krispies?
Either. Mostly Cheerios. Honey nut, or the new one that tastes like Fruit Loops.

5. Is summer ever going to get here?
It's been here. Temperatures are 85-89 most every day. What difference will the season change bring? Just going to be doing more of the same when they have to close businesses and order shelter in place because the spread of the coronavirus is very high. United States on Wednesday had 45,500 new cases. In ONE day. 

6. Have you ever had a utility turned off by mistake or some other reason besides weather or nonpayment?
The power goes out during storm. Water mains break, which you would think would be rare. A couple weeks had 4 breaks. (I live in a small township, not a huge city like Chicago. Not anymore anyway.)

7. What was your "last day" of something?
I don’t want to give the exact date, but early 2017 I went on medical leave. The last day at my job!  ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽŠ 🎇 And the last day I had to deal with the ugly haters at that place. 




8. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which one would you choose?
It got cancelled, but I really enjoyed it. “The Travelers”.

9. Did you have any type of class trip, band trip, etc in high school? Where did you go, what did you do?
No. I wasn’t in band, or any after school activities. 

10. Do your feet smell?
I have a bad back and shoulders, no way could I pretzel myself to sniff my own feet. Now my socks? They have no funk. 😂

11. Do you know how to French braid?
Heck no! I am not skilled in girlie things. I can barely do I ponytail, and then it’s not going to be centered. I don’t wear makeup. Back in my 20’s I went through a period where I used makeup. I was just not good at applying it and my skin didn’t like it.

12. Two guys are walking down the street. One drops his hat and reaches down to pick it up, the other kicks him in the ass. Do you laugh?
Well...they are either related, or good friends because it says 2 guys, so they are walking together. Would you walk that close to a stranger? To kick the hat guy you would need to be in close proximity. Yes I’m gonna laugh!

13. You wake up one morning and dogs are meowing and cats are barking - what are fish, elephants and crocodiles doing?
The fishes are ca cawing and flying overhead. The elephants are snapping, coming out of the water. The crocodiles are standing upright hopping across the field.

14. You are going to your high school reunion. What award are you going to win?
The last hs reunion I was the gayest one who was out and proud and went with my partner at the time. I felt like a celebrity! Just about everyone came over to say hi. Most of them probably didn’t know me in hs. I recognized them from the yearbook. I even had a classmate from my neighborhood sit on my lap and give me a huge hug saying I was brave and she was proud of me. (Back in hs I was shy, kept to myself, introverted and no one would ever have believed that I would “come out” at a class reunion.) They skipped our 40th reunion, so hoping they will have one for 45. They’ve never given awards at our reunions. The next reunion I will bring my wife. So I would imagine my classmates would HAVE TO come over to say hi to see my wife. (The partner I brought previously is my ex partner.) Ever since my daughter’s first sleepover in 2006 I use this phrase ‘all the girls had to come by and watch the lesbians in their home habitat.’ For the reunion I would say ‘all my classmates had to come over to say hi and watch the married lesbians away from their habitat in a bar hall.’

15. You find yourself stranded on a deserted island. Soon you find a laptop with a lifelong battery & internet connection, then you find a cave with an endless supply of food and a spring of fresh water. A cruise ship comes along to save you - do you get on it?
Nah. I’m good. Wait...is cable or satellite tv included? On second thought, don’t need that, I can stream shows on the found laptop.

16. How many shortcuts do you have on your desktop?
Shortcuts for apps? I have 5 vertical rows. Maybe 60+. Don’t ask me how many apps I have on my iPhone.

17. I offer you a pie... the most delicious pie you have ever seen. You either have to eat the entire thing in one sitting or allow me to slam it into your face, which do you choose?
If it’s a pie I like (there are few that I dislike), I would have no problem eating 
it in one sitting.

18. Are you a pen stealer?
At businesses I think they want you to take their pen that they paid good money to have their business ad on. Always, hotel pens, but usually accidental. I don’t go to many places that have pens with ads on them. The last pen I got was from my attorney. After I wrote some notes, I handed it back and he insisted I keep it. 

19. A dude from China comes up and offers you German chocolate cake, French fries and a Boston cream pie... what color is your car?
Does this dude abide? Is this dude meeting me in Germany, France, and Boston? My Buick is Obsidian Blue with Choccochino interior. I guess GM was being really creative that year.

20. Sometimes you just have to tap your foot to your favorite song - which tv series season finale are you watching?
I’m mostly in between series. I finished Better Call Saul not too long ago. That’s one series I would admit to watching. Lol!  I do need to finish Manifest, but I need to see if it’s still streaming on a platform I already use. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

6 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

#19 was a mad question - you are right to question the question (so to speak). I just had a crazy moment when I answered that particular one.

:o)

Cheers

PM

LA Paylor said...

great answers you! I like your style a lot! If I ever went to a reunion I'd be myself, not the scared quiet person they knew, I'd be loud and bold this time around. I love the idea of "lesbians in their habitat" how funny! I think most people like to peek into another person's life... that's why we meet at these question socials! Thanks for always being real! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Bev Sykes said...

If you watched Better Call Saul, did you also watch Breaking Bad? My son is a fanatic of both shows and has them on Netflix a good deal of the time to keep him company when he's working. Even I have learned the characters and many of the situations.

Lola said...

Yes! I loved Breaking Bad. I’ve been reading articles that Walter White may not have died and there may be a movie or another season.

CountryDew said...

I am way behind on my Muppets. I loved your story about your reunion. Bravo.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Love your #13. :-) Since my 25th reunion, I've got to become friends with "kids" I went to school with and hardly knew. So delightful!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©