Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Day 114, 115 of Sheltering In

Sunday, Monday. Sunday I REALLY slept in late. It’s so shameful I can’t even say. My son and I watched “Men In Black II”. I have to say, even though that was the 357th time we watched it together, it’s still enjoyable. First and second ones I liked. Not the third. What’s with the third movie of a franchise? It seems they are always bad. “Back To The Future III” definitely follows that rule. 

Monday my plan was to iron all of the quilt squares I bought and washed to make face masks. I forgot 100% cotton wrinkles so badly. {The last time I ironed was the day before our wedding 2015.} I have become very skilled in the use of Downey Wrinkle Release. That stuff is magic in a spray bottle! I scrubbed the sole plate with a Magic Eraser to clean it thoroughly. Then I filled the reservoir with water, plugged it in, ran it over a towel a few times, hitting the steam button, to clean it, and set to iron the squares. My first victim was a beige square with a faint tiny white flower pattern. I kept hitting the extra shot of water cuz those wrinkles were stubborn. The iron spit up something vile. And I had cleaned it! Grr! After forever I finally finished that square and looked it over. There were scorch marks! OMG! I turned the temperature down. I grabbed a new square and went in the bathroom to run water on it, pushed out the excess. I learned that from my Mom. She would dampen Dad’s handkerchiefs, T-shirt’s, shirts, then throw them in the freezer and take them out one by one and iron them. That was before steam irons. I wet one square at a time because I didn’t have a freezer upstairs. Lol! I was still having a terrible time trying to get the wrinkles out. Finally I gave up, dumped the water out of the iron and searched on my phone for a new iron. The iron cost me $10 over 15 years ago. I think it’s done. My son and I ran to pickup prescriptions, then to Walmart for a new iron and salad fixins and more for dinner because my brother in law was over to mow the lawn. His mower was louder than normal so he goes next door and talks to my neighbor that repairs small engines. 😱 Criminy! I have been trying to talk to that neighbor since the beginning of spring! Gah!

After we got home I went to lie down and have a nap. I had a massive whole head headache, shoulders hurt bad (yeah, putting some extra elbow grease on the ironing is not going to calm my pain. Opposite!) I woke up very jittery, shakey, did my bs, was on the very low end of ok. So I had one of those cute little cans of Pepsi. (That’s the only time I drink soda, when my bs is too low. It’s the perfect size. A full can is too much.) It wasn’t long and I was feeling better. 

The psh psh whispering and conversations have started and abruptly end. Everyone is all secretive. My birthday is coming up and I surmised that we were invited for a visit at my daughter’s group home. I’m on the phone, my daughter is trying to ask for budgeting help, but I must have her brother leave the room because he can’t hear any of this! She’s telling me how much she thinks she needs for this “something”. I’m terrible! Really bad! I said I hope you’re not thinking of pizza cuz we’re having pizza tonight and we just had pizza twice last week. I crushed it! She started stammering, was trying to not let on that pizza was the plan. I told my wife about it later and she was laughing her ash off! She told me the plan was Beggars’s Chicken Taco pizza. Lol! I suggested lunch boxes from the Chinese restaurant 2 blocks from my house. Cost would be less, it’s a good value, and I know my daughter hasn’t had it in a long time because the place near the group home closed. We’ve had Chinese food 3 times. La Choy Sweet and Sour Chicken in a can, homemade Kung Pao Chicken, homemade Pork Egg Foo Young, and homemade Crab Rangoon. 

My in-law that wrote the memoir? She’s been posting off the wall, nutzy cookoo type posts on Facebook. I haven’t seen them because I blocked her after the “I hope they don’t tell you your coronavirus test is positive just to get their numbers up.” My wife gave me the Reader’s Digest version. I won’t bore y’all with the details, but it was pretty out there.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

1 comment:

songbird's crazy world said...

I love Downey wrinkle release. I hate ironing.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©