Recent Posts

Friday, July 17, 2020

Day 118, 119, 120, 121 of Sheltering In

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. All running together.

Thursday-Woke up with the most awful knee pain. L, not R. The L is supposed to be the good knee! Can’t take ibuprofen, or anything with ibuprofen. So that takes out anti inflammatories and just about anything non opioid. Not good. Went shopping with my wife and my son. Short shopping trip. That’s 2 weeks in a row. She never goes grocery shopping.

Friday I picked up my new eyeglasses. Finally! I had my ophthalmologist appointment at the beginning of the year, and got the go ahead for an optometrist appointment and new glasses, then the coronavirus came, then my insurance changed. I think I saved quite a bit with the new insurance. Still cost me $405 out of pocket, but I have a strong prescription and have to get the high index lenses which are costly.

Saturday stayed home. My wife had to go shopping again. Lol! Her Mom’s friend is still living in a hotel (after being thrown out of 2 nursing/rehabilitation facilities). She can’t shop on her own because she doesn’t have a car and she sideswiped a barrier on the car she rented before the holiday. 

I got some organizing done and had my son move a mattress back in place. Even though I had nothing to do with the mattress except point and instruct, and I had my son move anything that weighed more than a quart of milk, I still felt like screaming out in pain. I ended up icing various parts before and after dinner. And my left knee that’s been acting up? I smashed it on the corner of the nightstand and drew blood. Now I have twin wounds. Several days before I smashed 5” lower and drew blood. Wtfork? The nightstand hasn’t been moved, so why have I injured myself twice on it? 

Sunday, stayed home. Watched “In the Kitchen With David” QVC, my usual Sunday morning if I don’t need to go anywhere. Finished watching “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” with my son. I’ve watched it several times. I read about half of the book a few years ago. It seems no matter how many times I watch the movie, I don’t get how it came from the book. Maybe it’s because the movie goes so much faster than the book? Then we watched an Ice Cube movie, “Are We Done Yet?”  that seemed to last an eternity. Shouldn’t we be done with the “Are We...” movies by now? This was like “The Money Pit”, but 5 times longer + a pregnancy of twins. Now we are watching the Cubs and Sox game. We started late, looks like the Cubs are starting late too. Isn’t it weird seeing the players playing in an empty ballpark? It’s surreal. Is that the right word? When they show the bench and the dugout I find myself freaking out a bit because they aren’t socially distancing on the bench and in the dugout. They are playing at Wrigley. I thought all the games were supposed to be in Arizona, or somewhere south. I have no idea where I heard that. This game sux. I’m switching back to the Betty Broderick mini series I recorded. 

My daughter is still at it with the top secret talk about my birthday parties. Yes, plural. Friday will be at her group home on the patio, masks and social distancing. I just got told I need to make 2 containers of taco dip. If there aren’t 2 containers, there will be a fight between the first and second floor. Gah! Then some other day, don’t know when, we are going over to my father in law’s. My wife’s younger sister is trying to control when that party is. Whatever! I’m sure her and her fiancĂ© won’t be there no matter what day it is. They play that game every year.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©