Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Day 143 of Sheltering In

Monday. For some reason I called and moved my PT appointment from 3 to 2. Good thing because I pull up at home and the rain starts. It was like I knew I needed to be home after 4 when the 💩 storm was coming. A very large tree in my side yard had a large branch ripped off. Trees all over the street. And...the power went out. Three weeks ago I asked my neighbor who fixes small engines to get my generator tuned up and running. Still waiting for him to get it.

It’s REALY dark here. We have a gas range and I guess we could have made pasta or rice but we didn’t think about that. So around 10pm my wife toured the area. We are 1 of 2 blocks without power in our area. The Main Street was shut down. I mean shut down as in barricades to prevent anyone from driving that street. No reason we could think of for that to be done. All the fast food restaurants were closed, even the one that had power. Speedway was packed. People getting gas and convenience store stuff, so she went to Circle K and got sub sandwiches. That’s all they had in terms of food to go. So we had subs that were mostly bun, and chips. Way too many carbs. I’m having bloodwork on Wednesday. This isn’t going to go well.

It’s after midnight. Power is still out. I haven’t checked the website for 3 hours. But it’s out! What do I need to check?

I watched a good movie on the weekend. Well, at least I thought it was good. “The Peanut Butter Falcon” on Amazon Prime.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©