Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Day 145 of Sheltering In ***UPDATE***

Approximately 11:55am electricity was restored. 

Electricity just went on. Woo hoo! We have electricity and internet. Our prayers have been answered! Thank you God! I will continue to pray for the thousands still without electricity. H town is projected next week power will be restored.
Last night was so hot upstairs in the bedrooms we couldn’t sleep. So glad that we can stop living like we’re camping. Nothing against camping, love it.

Wednesday. Electricity is still out. Now they are saying by Friday 7am. 

I’ve had enough. It’s 84° in the master bedroom. (Not guesstimating, I have a wall thermometer.) It sux trying to sleep in this heat. I did open the window adjacent to the bedrooms, so there is some airflow. Doesn’t seem as bad as last night.

I’m sick of fast food. We did have Chinese lunch boxes for lunch, so that was something different. My brother in law treated. We have 2 coolers. A big one downstairs that serves as our substitute fridge, and a large size lunch type cooler that has ice, water and my insulin. I’m praying my insulin will be okay. It was cool when I moved it to the cooler Tuesday morning. I don’t think it’s cold enough to freeze it. 

Our neighbor came and picked up my generator this morning. I had to text Facebook dude and let him know I didn’t need him to come over. I felt bad, but due to my cancellation he can help someone else. Always look on the bright side, right?

I swear I’ve come close to a nervous breakdown. Between all the food that we’re going to lose, all the money wasted on fast food, the heat, and heightened tempers, it just isn’t pretty over here. I bought lots of fresh fruit and veggies to get back on track, but now that’s all garbage.

Laundry is still in delay mode. I am scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of T-shirt’s. My wife wants to take the laundry to her Dad’s on Saturday because his wife is supposed to be working. I don’t think this will end well. One time when he invited us over his wife decided not to go in to work. Talk about awkward! I still kinda want to go to the laundromat, and will need to cuz no way can it all get done in regular size top load washer and dryer. Maybe Monday. 

My brother in law was working on the tree limbs since late morning. The tree limbs are taken care of, but he still has the other trees he’s been promising to take care of. He did get rid of everything behind the porch steps by my cement Buddha. It’s just a lot because he hasn’t followed through. I get so frustrated because I would have done this all myself, with my son piling the branches, but I can’t do it since my accident. 

No more PT. Insurance won’t approve it. So my L arm is fixed. My R knee only had a small amount of PT ONE day. And my R arm is royally f’d up. It needs a lot of work. I can’t get into the orthopedic doctor til the 25th. I did leave a detailed voicemail message for his PA, but no one listens to them. I know this, because this is my wife’s doctor also.

I got a new toy. We used it this afternoon. I just sat by it, supervising, everyone else came by for breaks. It’s called the Cobra. It’s a mister. It attaches to your hose and sprays a fine cooling mist. Reminds me of the misting tents at fairs, but this is a lot smaller. Still did the cooled off 4 people. If it weren’t so buggy I would have stayed outside. I got bit up quite a bit by the mosquitoes.


Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©