Recent Posts

Friday, August 14, 2020

Day 146, 147, 148 of Sheltering In

Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Thursday:  Power came back on at 11:55am. That would be about an hour before my neighbor said my generator was fixed. He just had to clean it out, carburetor and gas tank. I must have bought a higher quality generator than I thought, because I was sure it was toast.

My brother in law was over cutting up branches Thursday and Friday. Friday he showed up with another new chainsaw. Supposedly this one cost $500. I am not familiar with expensive chainsaws, so I have no reason to doubt it. He was showing it off to my neighbor...and then cut up all that neighbor‘s fallen tree branches and he and my son put them by the street.

Saturday was laundry day at my father in law’s house. I woke up with a migraine and very congested. I got a pass! Yup. I got to stay home. I can’t tell you how thrilled I was. Laundry at a laundromat has been my responsibility since October. When I say “responsibility”, I actually mean supervisory responsibility. My son does all the lifting and moving and putting the items in the machines. I make sure he does it correctly and I fill the detergent dispenser and the coin slots. Even though I’m not actually doing the laundry, it’s still a pain because we have to get up early so we get to the laundromat early enough to get as many machines as needed. I use the biggest machines they have so that I don’t monopolize all of the regular size machines, which I don’t like. I don’t feel like the laundromat keeps them as clean and I don’t feel they get the clothes as clean as the front load big machines. They are stainless steel inside and out so I can see right away if they are kept clean.

While I was home I accomplished 3 things. I printed the template for the custom sized face masks for my daughter. I got the laptop out and put my music back on my iPhone. (It mysteriously disappeared 2 iOS updates ago.) I also forked up my laptop’s iTunes because Microsoft One Drive got control of my iPhone and when I wanted to check if all my music transferred and to transfer photos I couldn’t because iTunes on my laptop didn’t recognize my iPhone unless I had One Drive open....until I removed my iPhone from One Drive’s list of devices. I also got error 54 at some point.  I forked things up good. I can’t find anything on Google to help me, and I did read way to many Apple support links that were of no help. I hated One Drive from day one with this laptop. I had been getting a “can’t sign into One Drive error”. Today I stupidly decided to resolve that by resetting the password. That allowed it to open in the background and screw up iTunes. I put the laptop away and gave up for today. I wrote a note on a post it so next time I use it I will be reminded. Grrrrrr!

It’s nearly 8:30pm and they are still not home. That also means no dinner yet. They were supposed to pick up frozen dinners or frozen pizza on the way home. Normally that wouldn’t be an issue, I could fix myself something to eat, or have cereal, but I haven’t yet replaced the food that went bad from the power outage. I wasn’t sure if the fridge cleanup was done when I went to the store Saturday, so I bought very little.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

1 comment:

Lin said...

Make sure you start the generator EVERY year and burn up all of the gasoline or drain it out completely before you store it again. We learned this lesson the hard way. Glad you have power and the generator working again!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©