Recent Posts

Friday, August 21, 2020

Day 149-153 of Sheltering In

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Monday was my first PT day since last Monday. Medicare denials for PT kept me from my Wednesday appointment. I walked into PT and I just about got a round of applause. “M” couldn’t believe I got the denial reversed. She kept asking me what I did. I just called my insurance, it had already been reversed 🤷🏻‍♀️. “J” had returned from vacation the previous week but it was his first day back at the location I go to. He showed me a glorious photo he took of the sunset in the Rocky Mountains. He cracks me up. He told me that he’s making it his goal to get both my shoulders range of motion and strength so improved that I can do the YMCA dance with him...with the arm movements making the letters! I was sure my gaydar was working when he told me before his vacation the “outfit” he bought for his trip. A flag patterned bib overall shorts. White, with Stars and Stripes. Now when he mentioned the song, that just made the odds higher that I was right. He’s a young man, early 20’s, so I’m thinking most guys his age don’t know the Village People song or the movements. Doesn’t matter, whether he is or isn’t, he’s funny as hell and I’m really going to be sad when my time at PT is done. But I can’t wait for the day my arms are strong enough to make those letters! 

Tuesday my son and I grocery shopped for the 2 meals I have been wanting to make. I made one Tuesday and the other Wednesday. Both with leftovers for another night each. First was Baked Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna. It was so good. I even had a bottle of Lambrusco, so I had🍷 with dinner. I haven’t had it in forever, delicious.

Wednesday night I made Chicken Tikka Masala and Aloo Gobi. It’s been too long since we’ve had Indian food. It was delicious. Enough to have dinner Friday.

Thursday was PT. “N” was back and he was making funny and torturing me in new ways. 4 new exercises. We also talked Netflix movies we’ve watched. He talked more about his younger brother on the autism spectrum, who works part time at McD’s. “M” was still carrying on about my getting approved so far out for PT. I swear she’s going to keep trying to get it out of me what magic I worked, yet I have no idea! 🤷🏻‍♀️We had leftover Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna for dinner and had enough to pack up a surprise dinner for my daughter. Thursday was the first day of day program. My daughter has a doctor note that excuses her until 09/30, due to her underlying conditions. She will be doing the worksheets they send home, and I’ve been finding things for her to do. We will make a surprise porch drop on Friday. My wife wants her to come on a home visit. She thinks that will improve my son’s behavior. (I don’t think it’s that bad, it’s certainly been a lot worse. This is just the longest they have ever been apart and it shows in both of their mental health.) It just kills me inside when one of them breaks down and cries. I want to also, but I can’t. I have to be the parent and get them back on track. The visit would have to be for 2 weeks, then a negative Covid-19 test before she can go back to her group home. I want her to get her work LOA extension taken care of before any home visit. When that’s taken care of I am going to surprise her by making all of the arrangements.

Friday my son and I have appointments with our PCP to go over blood work we had Tuesday. Neither one of us are looking forward to it. We each snuck on the scale after our blood work. I gained a couple of pounds since my last visit, but I’m supposed to be losing weight. I think if I pass off my wallet, phone, keys, and remove my sneakers it may just show I maintained the same weight, or lost a pound. Lol! I only weigh at my PCP and I always empty my pockets and take off me shoes. My wife gained 15 pounds over the pandemic and has some kind of kidney issues. She’s going back for blood work next week. She’s supposed to be eating veggies and beans high in magnesium, I bought several, but she ate them once. The quit smoking bag of supplies is still stapled shut and she’s talking about going to the tobacco store tomorrow. That’s not a battle I’m picking. As I think I mentioned before, this is the 3rd round of quit smoking supplies. I don’t like it, but 🤷🏻‍♀️. There’s just too much chaos going on without the quit smoking fight.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©