Recent Posts

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Day 154 of Sheltering In

Friday. Doctor visit was good. No mention of pandemic weight gain. It was 4.4 pounds. My a1c was down 1.1. I get to stop one of my diabetes medications. I have no idea how this all happened. I’ve been craving carbs the entire pandemic and eating them. My son rocked it! He lost 19 pounds. But he does have to alter his diet because his uric acid was high. 

My son and I did a porch drop at my daughter’s group home. We packed up 2 servings of the Baked Eggplant Lasagna I made. We’re bad! We had a plastic Burger King bag. We put the container in the bag. The entire time she talked to us she kept asking what was in the bag. We wouldn’t say, we wanted it to be a surprise when she got upstairs to have lunch. She called us after she heated a portion. Much better mood. My son and I talked...what if we would have said we had BK last night and got extra sandwiches?

That’s where the good day ends. I am sick. My Buick has been keyed over 1/2 the car. I had moved it and parked by a light pole with a sign that said “CAMERAS IN USE”, but I doubt the J town PD has time to review video at Walmart. Even if they were to track down the woman that did this she won’t have the money for repairs. As the policeman said, ‘oh, it was a hooptie van”. Yup, minivan with dents and rust all over where she alleged I whipped my door open. I did NOT! For cripes sake why would I whip the car door open on my pristine Buick? She was trying to get cash out of me cuz I drove a nice car. She was sitting in her minivan probably waiting for some dumb schlub like me. I moved my car to the opposite end of the parking lot and parked where it was posted there were cameras. Apparently she drove around and found my car and keyed it up. This is just one of the sections:

(The orange spot is not rust, in fact it’s not on the car. It must have been a weird shadow because the sun was  causing shadows in other spots.)
I reported it to the police, my insurance and have an appointment Tuesday at a body shop. I know this shop, they are going to give a ridiculously high estimate, claiming all the scratches are deep and the area is extensive. The policeman said he thinks all of the scratches can be buffed out and polished. I can’t do stuff like that anymore. I need to find a guy who does good work and would do this on the side for cash. We’ll call or drive over to our mechanic and talk to him. We haven’t been by since we picked up the minivan. He probably misses us. 😉

I’m staying out of J town. On the way home a dog ran across the main street, about 4 car lengths in front of me. I slowed down and stopped because the dog was just wandering. The white Jeep in the lane next to me was driving over the speed limit and not slowing down. I kept honking my horn until the Jeep slowed down and stopped. Several people in both directions got out of their cars to try to get the dog. The probable owner had a leash and was having a hard time getting him. They finally got the dog and vehicles resumed driving.
Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

1 comment:

songbird's crazy world said...

I am so sorry about the car. With all the things you already have to deal with, this kind of BS was totally unnecessary

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©