Recent Posts

Monday, August 17, 2020

Sunday Stealing-From Friday Five

August 16, 2020

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!


 

Stolen from Friday Five

 

 

 


1. What makes it easy to talk to someone?
Sometimes it’s just circumstances. Obviously if you’re in a hurry someone else is going to have a hard time talking to you and vice versa.  

2. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?
I don’t know that I’ve had a great conversation. Most are quite boring. Sometimes they are very interesting. It’s amazing the intimate details people divulge when waiting in line for an hour. Once in Black Friday in line at Target an hour before they opened I learned all about the woman in front of me and her family. I learned her son was going to propose to his girlfriend. Never saw this woman before or after that day. I guess she just needed to brag on the fact that her son was proposing.

3. Do you like to argue?
I don’t like to argue. However, if it has anything to do with either of my adult special needs kids, I will argue like a professional.

4. Some people like to talk about things, and some people like to do things. Which are you?
I think with our current situation, the pandemic, it’s much easier and safer to talk about things rather than do things. Also, if one doesn’t have the money to do the things, sometimes talking about them is the next best thing.

5. Who is easier to talk to – men or women?
I rarely have the opportunity to talk to a man who isn’t an in-law, or my mechanic. Lol! Gay men are super easy to talk to, but having moved out of Chicago, and lack of social life (even before the pandemic) it’s hard to run into gay men, or lesbians. The only lesbians I run into are my wife, and my ex and her wife (she’s still involved in my kid’s lives and I tolerate the bs because their dad is an a$$hat. She was a co-parent for almost 8 years, and is a much better human than he is.)

6. What is your favorite place?
Key West, FL. I’ve only been there twice, but I really liked it.

7. What is your favorite place in your home?
Probably my living room on the comfy couch.

8. Would you most want to live in a city, a suburb or the country?
When I was single the city was the place to be. Now I prefer the suburbs, however, I’m really tired of the ladies who lunch. Especially the Karens. I never thought I would dislike living in an expensive suburb. The residents are just like you see them portrayed on tv. Snobs. 

9. What is special about the town you live in?
I have no idea.

10. How much time do you spend in nature?
None, unless you count checking on my raised garden bed.

11. Do you make up a dinner plan for the coming week?
I would like to, but I usually end up planning 2-3 nights.

12. Do you make up a grocery shopping list and stick to it when shopping?
I was doing my list on my phone using the grocery store’s app and my Notes app, but I’m back to paper lists due to not wanting to touch things, then touch my phone, then touch things. I generally stick to the list, unless I see something I missed in the weekly ad, or clearance items. 

13. What is one thing that you always buy, but never write down on a list?
Milk? I don’t necessarily always buy it. 

14. Is there anything that you always think you are out of and come home with it to discover you already have a year’s supply on hand?
For awhile it was eggs. I guess during the holidays, football season, awards season, I tend to make deviled eggs a lot. Now, I’d say refried beans. I’ve switched to taco dip. Lol!

15. Do you get your groceries delivered?
No. I don’t like a stranger picking out my food. I also can’t justify the added expense. My son comes with me and helps me grocery shop.

Lola’s Diner cc   2008-2020

 

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

#3. Well, you know what is important and what isn’t! Good for you.
I’d say more but I’m trying to post this from a tint old school iPad and it keeps popping me out!
I’m glad to see you are still posting in Sunday Stealing. 👍🏻🙋🏻‍♀️

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©