Recent Posts

Monday, September 28, 2020

Day 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 of Sheltering In

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Wednesday and Thursday were PT, Friday grocery shopping and Rx pickup. Saturday we had a visit with my daughter at the group home. She spoiled her ballot and asked me what to do. I read the instructions, explained where she needed to Mark it spoiled and sign it. On the way home we stopped at the county clerk’s office and I put it in the election ballot drop box. They will process it as a spoiled ballot and send her a new ballot. We can even check the status by scanning the code on the instructions. 

Sunday. Da Bears game. What a frustrating game, but they pulled off a win even though they had 2 touchdowns reversed. Did so much better with the new quarterback. We had the same snacks as last week, minus the pinwheels. We made homemade French bread pizza for dinner. Next game, maybe homemade sushi rolls or bowls. (California Maki, Smoked Salmon, Smoked Whitefish, or asparagus rolls.) I have cauliflower rice in the freezer, so we can do low carb.

In keeping with changing up our dinner menu with foods we usually get from a restaurant, but now cook at home, Tuesday night is Chicken Vindaloo and Saag Paneer. The Saag Paneer is from a pouch, only because I haven’t had time to go to Sam’s Club to buy Paneer. I have made Saag Paneer from scratch and it turned out delicious. I have recipes for Paneer, but it’s very time consuming and requires an entire gallon of milk. I may make Carrot Halwa if I have time before or after our appointment at Best Buy to activate and data transfer my wife’s new iPhone 7. I haven’t had Carrot Halwa since the last time we went to Downers Grove and they had it. I have all the ingredients.

I had my wife call Best Buy to confirm they do not charge for data transfers and setup. They don’t. Apple or AT&T must have a special arrangement with them. Very happy about that because I looked into how to diy it, it’s doable, just very time consuming, especially if you’ve never done it. Yes, it would be me that would have to do it if it wasn’t free. My wife is not very tech savvy.

I want to get another estimate on the Buick since the last one I got was so outrageous. Maybe we can do that after Best Buy, unless the used washer I am looking to buy can be picked up. It’s a small apartment size front loader, in working condition, and it’s under $100. My wife is concerned how small it is. I don’t care. Until we can afford full size new, it will keep us out of nasty laundromats. I may even get the electric dryer. I’d rather have gas because our electric bill is outrageous, but if I have to do it temporarily, then I’ll do it. 🤞I hear back about a pickup time. I did get a reply that it was still available, just waiting to hear back and setup a pickup time.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©