Recent Posts

Monday, October 26, 2020

Day 216-219 of Sheltering In

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Found out there are supposed to be 2 Halloween parties at the day program. Talent show and party. (Ugh!) Two houses combine Thursday, and two others on Friday. I also found out that there are only a couple day programs doing partial weeks, yet the Friday updates for the program leads you to believe that there are no day programs holding sessions. The Halloween parties...
”someone” reported them to the state. How can they have parties mixing houses when the Governor is dialing back to Phase 3 because of very high rate of COVID-19 infections? 

Thursday we decided last minute to bring dinner to my younger sister-in-law and my ex-friend. It was my ex-friend’s birthday and she’s been having a hard time accepting her younger brother’s opioid overdose death. She was very close to him. My younger sister-in-law has been complaining that she needs to get over it already. Seriously? Everyone grieves at their own speed. It’s like a freakin soap opera! We had a nice evening, even though we dared to talk politics for awhile.

Saturday we went to Indiana to pick up the washer and dryer. They are Maytag. The dryer is gas. Yay! After much heated discussion they were brought back to my house to be stored temporarily in the garage. For some reason my wife made arrangements with her Dad to store them in his garage. Why? His wife is a Nutjob and she has a couple relatives who are over all the time stealing things. Not that they’d steal them, but they could damage them. After waiting so long for them I don’t want to take a chance. Besides, I have plenty of room in the garage. Before we left, I directed my son to rearrange the snow blower, 2 walk behind lawnmowers, and my brother-in-law’s walk behind mower that he suddenly wants to store in my garage. No doubt because he doesn’t trust those people either. There was plenty of room. 

Why did they go in the garage? Because the broken appliances haven’t been removed yet. Supposedly they will be removed November 1st, which is a Sunday, so we’ll have to keep my father-in-law’s truck until Monday, the 2nd, so they can be taken to the scrapyard. In the meantime we need to either repair the bar sink sump pump we use for the washer, or buy a new one. I need to research that.

Last night was ridiculous! My sister-in-law was texting my wife for hours, ranting and raving about the Governor’s order. She was planning a MLM/Craft/
Book event at the restaurant my wife used to work at. She was angry because the order prevented the event from happening and she can’t afford to lose the approximately $300 she thinks she’d earn. Maybe if she’d get a job, instead of living in this dream world of book sales (very little), and sales from the several MLM’s she really doesn’t even work (outside of this planned event). She has not sold many books, as evidenced by the tiny number of reviews, and the bookseller constantly lowering the price. When she wasn’t complaining about the Governor’s order, she was calling the whole pandemic a hoax and how the order to wear a mask at stores infringes on her freedoms. 🤦🏻 She believes “her” God will protect her. How lucky is she? She orders her groceries and has them delivered. (Yes, on her budget.) Could it be that she’s actually afraid of COVID-19? I dunno. All I know is she had no right to get my wife all upset by texting her for hours.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©