Recent Posts

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Random Questions

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!

 

 

Stolen from Kwizgiver

 

 

 

1. What has been your favorite part of the year so far.
I don’t know that I have a favorite part. If I had to pick, it would be that my daughter is handling more of her personal business (doctor appointments, medication refills), and advocating for herself. So in a way she is growing up more (she’s 27, but because of her illness she’s been more like 14), but there are still some areas where she hasn’t matured. But I’m very happy she has made so much progress this year.

2. Have you started Christmas shopping?
I shop for Christmas whenever I see a deal on something a family member would really like.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes. It’s always been very neat and I’ve always gotten left handed compliments. That is, I’m left handed and they can’t believe I have such neat handwriting. Weird. Also, I’ve noticed, particularly when I make lists, that my handwriting is looking a lot like my Mom’s. Even though she’s been gone 36 years, I still have her handwritten recipes and can see the resemblance.

4. Song you could hear over and over and over again.
I’m sure there are many. Especially since I have my SiriusXM radio tuned to 70’s-90’s and Pop 2k. I always skip over any new stuff, unless it’s something by an artist from the 70’s-90’s. Then I’ll have a listen.

5. A favorite quote.
I don’t know that I have one, or any for that matter.

6. Last dream you remember.
I haven’t had any dreams in a long time.

7. Most expensive object you want to buy right now.
It’s sad, but I’m seriously thinking about trading in my Pilot. It’s a 2006, and I’m about to have the power steering repaired for the 3rd time, and my wife barely drives it. We could be a 1 car family because neither of us work, however, that vehicle is my wife’s freedom. I get it. We have no public transportation out here, so a car is necessary and it can be maddening trying to coordinate appointments, errands, etc. 

8. Describe your eldest family member.
My father-in-law. (I don’t count anyone as family on my side, other than my younger sister. They are homophobic. They rebuffed my efforts to maintain contact before my gay wedding, then they didn’t attend, after I spent a lot to be at the family reunion where we were ignored when we weren’t being gawked at.) He beat cancer, but he’s having cognitive issues. The in-law’s that take him to his doctor appointments refuse to acknowledge it, and therefore refuse to address it with his doctors. It’s really wrong, because he could be receiving treatment that could help slow the progression. My wife acknowledges it, but can’t get the rest of her siblings to.

9. What has your weather been like?
It’s been perfect fall weather. About 45°-60°.

10. Do you enjoy your job?
I’m retired, basically. I’m ecstatic to no longer be working in a homophobic environment where I was screamed at and called disgusting on the daily. I kept to myself, so I don’t understand why I was treated so badly, other than the fact that they wanted me gone. Well I am gone from there now and they can KMA! I was treated poorly at other jobs, but nothing as soul crushing as that one.

11. What is your favorite everyday item?
Three way tie...My iPhone, my television, and the streaming services I use. 

12. Are you currently obsessed with any TV show?
My shows are either on hiatus due to the pandemic, they ended, or were canceled. Some of them I haven’t been able to determine their current fate. I loved Ozarks, and I thought there was to be 1 more season, but I’ve seen some articles say it’s been canceled. It was soooo good. Also, Schitt’s Creek. I think they ended. Which is sad since they had so many noms, and wins at the award shows this year. I think they were finally getting noticed.  

13. Book you’d like to read before the year ends.
I’ve got a gazillion books on my Kindle. I’ve been reading Billy Idol’s “Dancing With Myself “ memoir for a couple of years. I’ve finally gotten back to reading it. He’s a fascinating guy. 

14. Describe Kindness.
Does it need description? It’s treating people the way they should be treated regardless of their gender, orientation, age, profession, religion, income level, health, or politics. I could go on, but that’s a good list.

15. Describe your favorite candy in great detail.
I don’t know that I have a single favorite. There used to be a handmade toffee store in L town. I’m not sure it exists anymore. It was so buttery and delicious. Nothing compares to it.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

7 comments:

Susan said...

I agree with you on #14. Kindness matters. Sorry you had to go through that with your FIL. Nice that you are retired, so am I.

Me, Myself, and I said...

The job does sound soul-crushing--glad you've retired :)

Plastic Mancunian said...

I think everybody dreams - it's the remembering part of them that is difficult. I don't recall that many to be honest.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Lori said...

I do not understand homophobic people. I am sorry you had to experience all of that. Live your best life.
I should have put down Billy Idol too. I love him. Great answers. Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bev Sykes said...

I loved Schitt's Creek and think they ended it perfectly, and right on time. so glad they won so many awards.

I have never understood how gay people are shunned by their families. So many sad stories.

CountryDew said...

I'm glad you're retired, and that's a great definition of kindness. I don't understand why it is so hard to be kind. Apparently it is a very difficult thing for a great many people.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

You and I both have recipes written out by our moms! Sweet isn't it. Also, I'm left handed and mother was right handed but our writing is almost identical. She has been gone for 36 years as well. 1984.
It's terrible what you've been through. And it's good that you find your happiness with someone you love and cherish. Would that it was always be that way.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©