Recent Posts

Friday, October 30, 2020

Day 224 of Sheltering In

Third times the charm, right? Twice I’ve navigated away from this app, when I returned, I lost everything I had typed. Grrr.

Friday. Looks like my wife’s friend has a buyer for an item we’ve had for sale and no longer need. Scratch that. Sale delayed, which probably means no sale. I jinxed it. My fault. Going to have to find other means to pay for tires and a battery for the Buick. I thought I had replaced the battery when the Pilot’s failed and Pep Boy’s sent a tow truck at no charge to pick it up and replace it at no charge. (Pep Boy’s battery warranty isn’t prorated. No matter how long you’ve had the battery during the warranty period, they replace it for free.) I had to replace the battery on the Odyssey before we sold it because it failed right before we sold it. Since the Buick is a 2016 built in 2015, the battery could fail at any time. (I had an oil change 2 weeks ago and had my mechanic check out the Buick top to bottom and he discovered that.) Since we are down to 1 car (the Pilot has power steering issues again and is waiting to get into the shop) I want to be proactive and as soon as possible replace the battery and tires before they fail. 

My wife has the holiday bug and is playing Suzie Homemaker today. She’s shopping by herself to pick up items for her Mom’s cheesecake recipe. (She NEVER grocery shops by herself!) Today she’s  making one for her brother to bring to work. I’m staying OUT of the kitchen! She rarely bakes and when she does, she’s like a whirling dervish and we need to stay out of the way.

My daughter is on pest control. That means she is pestering me, trying to convince (control) me to doing a home visit now. I’ve told her the holidays, period. Yet she brings it up constantly. I get it. 224 days is a long time, however, her room is not yet ready. She’s also on me about her check request from the group home agency. She requested a check over a month ago. There are things she needs, like an eye exam and new glasses. The agency isn’t scheduling eye exams during the pandemic. I had an optometrist exam in July. Very safe, all CDC protocols adhered to.

Time to make the Halloween treat bags for my daughter’s group home. Laterz!

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©