Recent Posts

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Day 225 of Sheltering In

Saturday. Laundry trip to my father-in-law’s got postponed until Monday. My wife wasn’t feeling well. (Not COVID-19.) My son and I went to Dollar Tree and Wally World to pick up Halloween Party food/supplies for my daughter’s group home. Last night I filled goody bags with craft stuff and candy. We bought pop, snacks, and 4 frozen deep dish pizzas. The staff member working (who I also made a treat bag for) had the nerve to complain that the pizzas took too long to cook. Really? If I bring food and treats over again, I will skip her treat bag. I don’t HAVE to do this. I’ve brought over tons of craft supplies, food for Labor Day BBQ (and my wife barbecued because that same staff member refused to do it). I’ve also done treat bags, a treat ball to play for turns to unwrap, board games. A lot of stuff. I’ve done more this year because of the pandemic. Sure, it’s mostly for my daughter and her housemates that are friendly to her, but I do for ALL of them. Even Nutjob, because I don’t feel right excluding any housemates. (Sometimes I include staff, sometimes not. It depends on my funds and how that staff member on duty is towards the clients.)

I just feel blech. I have a migraine, and have managed to get sciatica on the left and right, starting at my butt and down. I want to know how that happened because I purposely avoid anything that might trigger it. I also dropped an insulated tall tumbler (like a Yeti, but easier on the wallet). It was full of water and ice and came down on top of my right foot. It’s already bruised, swollen, and hurts like it just happened. It happened 5 hours ago, so it must have hit at just right the right angle. (Or wrong angle. Lol!)

I have started tapering off my reading of the news, and also Facebook. I still go on Facebook to check the activist group I belong to. They seem to have more accurate information on what’s really going on where I live and surrounding areas. The local groups seem to be full of nonsense, fear mongering, and...I’ll just say it...hate. I also look for funny stuff, cuz let’s face it, I think most of us could use some laughs.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©