Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Day 312 of Sheltering In

Wednesday. Update on yesterday’s incident at the group home. Staff did NOTHING. Nutjob keeps saying she is going to report my daughter to the state because she’s not going to program and my daughter is freaking out. I told my daughter not to worry about it because we have doctor notes from before the lockdown ended to current from 2 doctors stating she cannot attend due to her asthma. I also found out from someone that works for them that the organization doesn’t allow staff to call the police because they don’t want the publicity and if my daughter were to call the police she would have to get an order of protection and they could not live in the same house any longer. Because Nutjob burned her bridges at all the other group home locations they would likely send my daughter home, and she would lose her apartment as punishment for calling the police. This is bs! My daughter is not the one who assaulted another resident. My daughter was assaulted. Need to pray they allow moving into the apartments ASAP.

In other bs news...still no callback from the orthopedic doctor. I called my insurance to see if they got the order for the custom leg brace. They did not. Just for snicks and grins I asked the insurance rep if the provider my doctor mentioned was “In Network”. They are NOT. So I asked for providers “In Network” and was given a list of medical supply places, most of which sell only catheters and those supplies. Wtfork? My case manager happened to call me and I told her all of this. She gave me an “In Network” provider with 2 locations, not exactly near me. At this point I don’t care where the place is, I will go anywhere. Even Chicago! You know I’ve had it with the bs if I’m willing to go to Chicago. So I call my orthopedic doctor and the receptionist kept interrupting me when I said I needed to actually talk to someone and then she sent me to voicemail. That is useless because they never check messages and return calls. I called my primary care doctor and got lucky because my doctor’s assistant was answering phones. She took down all the info and called the orthopedic doctor, actually spoke with someone in the correct department, gave them the info and they said they would give it to the proper person who sends the order and documentation to the insurance. I should not have had to go that far. When I first moved to the burbs I saw a different orthopedic doctor who ordered a different custom brace. I got a call from the provider the very next day, made an appointment for measurements, and had my brace made on site and had it the following week. It’s a process, I get it, but if the process is never started, nothing happens.
And let’s not forget...the insurance company can take up to 14 business days to approve or deny. I think my x-rays, MRI, and doctors notes should suffice for them to approve it once they actually get the order. If they deny, they run the risk of me tearing my knee up worse because they denied the custom brace that is meant to stabilize my knee to prevent further injury and allow the tear and sprain to heal, and then I’d be looking at surgery, which I don’t want. Surgery would cost over $25,000. A few hundred for a brace or $25,000 for surgery?

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©