Recent Posts

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday Stealing-Misc. Questions

24 January 2021

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!


 

Misc. Questions

 

 

 

 


1.Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway?
Flowers from the parkway. Not a fan of glittering bouquets.  

2.Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do?
Completely! Most of the time.

3.Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself?
I generally do it myself, but from time to time I will do something crafty that includes words/quotes from a song.

4.Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product?
I am not interested
 if a celebrity endorses a product. In no way would that influence me to buy a product.

5.What kind of movies do you wish were made more often?
Movies with a plot that makes sense and are inclusive. Meaning, they portray all kinds of people...different races/ethnicities, sexual orientation, ages, sizes-skinny, average, fat, short tall, good looking, average looking, not either, rich, poor. Have the movie represent all those things that are a part of our real life. Movies that are not about comic book heroes, not about gorgeous rich people, not about fantastical, supernatural storylines, movies without gratuitous violence.

6.Does fashion matter to you?
Not at all. I couldn’t even tell you what is “in”. I stick to classics, and if I can catch designer duds on sale for the same or sometimes less than store brands or cheap brands, I will buy them.

7.Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else?
Absolutely. And how about the constitution/rules/laws apply to everyone? Why was nothing done with the emoluments clause of the constitution? The federal government got grifted out of how much money for housing the secret service at 🍊’s hotels? 

8. If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration?
He’s no longer with us, but I’d pick Freddy Mercury. Wouldn’t it be awesome to hear him sing the National Anthem, God Bless America, or whatever other song is sung at inaugurations?

9. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way?
Definitely.

10.What is your worst daily habit?
Interrupting someone else who is talking. It’s a hard one to break. I don’t think I always was like this. I think part of it is that I don’t have any friends, and I’m so excited to be having a conversation that I can’t wait to jump in. The other is that my memory isn’t that good anymore and I interrupt so I don’t forget what I was going to say about whatever was being talked about. No matter the reason, it’s incredibly rude and I’m making an effort to dial down the interruptions and hopefully get to the point that they are a rare occurrence.

11.If you had your choice which one TV show would you have canceled?
All reality shows. The few that I watched a bit of an episode were just terrible. I don’t like that on the dating type programs they show, or lead you to believe the contestants are being promiscuous, and with multiple contestants. Maybe I’m wrong about that part, I doubt it, because I’ve seen parts of episodes that were like that. It’s television. Not a movie on a streaming service. Call me a prude, but I don’t want to see it, nor do I want my special needs adult children to see it. If it’s on a streaming service that’s ok because there is other content that I can change to if my kids are watching.  

12.Do you like the taste of sweet or salt?
Both. It depends on what I’m craving.

13.Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts?
Yes. Sometimes I think I’m too precise, and too wordy.

14.What do you feel the most guilty about?
Pass. I’ve written about it in previous Sunday Stealing’s and on my blog. 

15.Do you meditate?
I don’t think I know how.

Lola’s Diner cc   2008-2021

 

2 comments:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I loved your answers and glad you've joined our motley crew. ;o)

Meditation: If you stand still and count to 10 sometimes, that is a tiny bit of meditation.
Just extend it to about a minute, and then to two. three. four..minutes and you are meditating.
Focus on your heartbeat. Think how wonderful that you have that little metronome beating away and showing you the path to peace, and that it's right inside your own chest.....
Being too precise is a rare gift, because it means that you can articulate your feelings. And being wordy is no sin. It is, after all, your blog.
Peace Be with you...


Bev Sykes said...

I'm not into fashion either. In fact, I'm sitting here wearing a sweater that I've probably had for more than 10 years! I think the last time I actually shopped for clothes was for my son's wedding, in 2003.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©