Recent Posts

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Day 323-327 of Sheltering In

Sunday-Thursday. My daughter got her 2nd shot of the COVID-19 vaccine Wednesday, as did virtually all the staff and group home residents. Seems like it hit everyone hard. The first shot they just had injection site pain. The second shot they’ve got bad headaches, body aches. It hit them all so bad that day program was canceled Thursday. When my daughter FaceTimed me Thursday night she looked awful. You could tell she didn’t feel well. Hopefully all the symptoms will lessen quickly. Every little ache and pain gets blown up into the worst whatever she has ever had. 

I went grocery shopping late today. It was a waste of time because I forgot to get a heating pad and ThermaCare Heatwraps. Also, a lot of shelves were empty. I keep asking myself why I bother to go to the Meijer in the next village because I nearly always end up going to the one that’s a half hour drive away. Their shelves are always well stocked. They do run out of an item here or there, but never even close  to the extent as the one close to home. Jewel and Berkot’s never seem to have issues, at least not since everyone stopped stocking up on tp and paper towels. 

After dinner I checked Walgreens online thinking if they had a decent heating pad in stock at a nearby store I’d get dressed (I’m not, not dressed, I’m in my pj’s) and go get one. All had terrible reviews. So I thought...Amazon...I could have it by Saturday. Even the 4+ star reviewed items had awful current reviews. From not working, barely getting warm, to 🔥! Even well known brands. I may just get some ThermaCare Heat Wraps even though they are wasteful and disposable. I’ll do that and then when I’m feeling a bit better do more research. I can’t do ice packs because my feet are too cold at night. I have thick warm socks, but because my left ankle is swollen I can’t wear them. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021


2 comments:

Lin said...

I hear it is about 3 days of not feeling well after the second dose of vaccine. Some people sail through with no problem, but some really suffer. My friend is a nurse and she said it was awful and she isn't normally dramatic. So, maybe give Maria a mulligan on this one. :)

Lolasdiner said...

I just told her to take it easy. She looked much better today.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©