Recent Posts

Friday, February 12, 2021

Day 328 of Sheltering In

Friday. Went shopping briefly today. I got a Meijer pack of heat packs and a Meijer heating pad that were on sale. I also picked up a few other groceries and some Valentines Day stuff.

I had to wait for my wife to come home with the Buick. Can I say how much I dislike sharing it? It means I’m trapped at home. She had to shop for her Mom’s friend and shovel in front of her restaurant property. I took my son over there earlier in the week to shovel, so I wasn’t too keen on going along for the ride. Since we had time to kill I had my son help me prep some country ribs to make Char Siu. It is that delicious barbecued pork appetizer you get from Chinese restaurants. I have perfected my recipe. It has to marinate for a minimum of 3 hours. It was a good thing I made it, and it was quite a bit. I was going to freeze the extra. We ended up having that and pot stickers from the freezer section. I had bought Beef & Broccoli from the freezer section. We have never had anything taste so vile and disgusting. None of us ate it, and we all were thankful for paper napkins. We threw it all in the trash. I usually make it in the Instant Pot from scratch, but thought that might be a bit too much to do. What I should do is make a large batch of Char Siu and divide it up to freeze. That way I can make the main dish from scratch...Beef & Broccoli, or Kung Pao Chicken, or Egg Foo Young and not overdue it. We ordered takeout Chinese food once during the pandemic when my daughter was on a home visit.

Due to my wife getting back late and me getting back late from the store we had a late dinner. My daughter called at her usual time to FaceTime, but I had to call her back after dinner. There was no day program today for their house. They go 1/2 week to keep the number of people down. (My daughter does not attend. Next week she sees her Pulmonologist for a video appointment and she’s going to ask how long after the 2nd shot before she can return to day program and have less rules for home visits. I’m thinking it’s going to be quite awhile due to there now being several variants of the coronavirus.) Nutjob sprung for pizza. Not sure why, but everyone enjoyed it. Something happened between ordering the pizza and it’s delivery. Nutjob decided to take a dive off the top of the stairs, 2nd floor, face first. No one was around, but everyone ran out the 1st floor when they heard it to see what happened. Staff called an ambulance. She was taken to the ER and returned a few hours later. My daughter says that Nutjob does stuff like that once in awhile, which makes me wonder why she wasn’t held for a 5150 (psych eval). You would think that would be automatic when someone deliberately takes a dive off the 2nd floor face first. But nope. My daughter said everyone was pretty shaken by it. Apparently Nutjob’s face was quite bloody. That girl doesn’t belong in that house, she belongs in a facility with very close supervision. I will be very happy when my daughter moves into her apartment, so she gets away from Nutjob. It’s not safe for my daughter and the other housemate. 

Is this snow going to stop, or what? We are supposed to go to my father-in-law’s tomorrow. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©