Recent Posts

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Day 397-399 of Sheltering In-Waiting

Friday-Sunday. Friday was grocery shopping. Saturday was hanging at my house with my family and having a nice dinner together. I drove my daughter back to her group home after dinner. Sunday was bbq at my father-in-law’s with “surprise”, my wife’s youngest sister and her fiancée (my ex friend).

So Sunday the surprise was on my father-in-law. He did not know they were coming. They had been feuding for months having to do with her borrowing of his truck and her trashing it. By trashing it, I literally mean using the cab area (which has 1 bench seat and no rear seat) as if it were a trash dumpster. Bags,  countless bags of fast food garbage. Basically only room for the driver. Hence the feud. It’s not all that comfortable being here. Yes, I’m typing  this while I am here because they are hanging out at the picnic table outside. I can’t sit there because of my knee. I can’t swing my leg over to sit, nor can I stand on that leg to swing the good one over to sit. I ate at the kitchen table. My wife joined me, and that was it. They haven’t even asked about my knee, which it’s really obvious because I have my knee brace on and I’m wearing cargo shorts. The brace is very visible. Other than those niceties, my wife’s sister is constantly putting her down (my wife is older) and making fun of her. And it’s not in a “fun” way. I may need bail money cuz my wife won’t put up with it much longer and I’m really tired of it. Of course my wife has to do all the cleanup and my sister-in-law and ex friend just sit, not even offering to help. Both have invaded the living room and are bickering at each other, as per usual. Now I get to hear and see all of it in my face. Can I say how much fun I’m not having? Grrrr.

UPDATE:
So, compared notes with my wife in the car ride home. Apparently her sister and fiancée were bent out shape because my wife joined me for lunch in the kitchen. As my wife said to them ‘I’m not going to let my wife eat lunch by herself because she can’t sit at the picnic table’. I’m not sorry!!! I’m not going to risk further injury to my knee, or other parts because I would be stupid enough to attempt to sit at a picnic table when I have a large knee brace on my knee. Also, I have no sense of balance! Their opinion means nothing to me.  I will not entertain a conversation about where they think I should be sitting. Those $&@ches can kiss my ash! Not only were they giving my wife crap about eating lunch with me, they were giving my son a hard time about his beard and pulling on it! Had I known about either situation, I definitely would have at the very least had words with them. Who the hell do they think they are pulling on my son’s beard? And who the hell do they think they are berating my wife for not wanting me to eat lunch alone in the house, and further, for questioning my decision to be smart and safe with my knee injury? I’m going to be 60 in July. I don’t give a flying f what they think. I need to do what I feel is smart to do to be safe.  

My father-in-law wants to do dinner next Sunday again with them. I won’t be there. My daughter is supposed to be moving next weekend. Even if she wasn’t moving, there is not a chance I will be going! Oh, and my sister-in-law said she won’t be going if her brother is there. You know what? If he’s back in town I will ask him out to lunch.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©