Recent Posts

Friday, April 30, 2021

Day 404 of Sheltering In-Waiting

Friday. Had a date with my wife. Picked up take out lunch from a restaurant we’d never been to, sat in the car to eat, then went grocery shopping. 

My daughter is still out of sorts from being in limbo after being told she wouldn’t be moving into the new apartment complex this weekend. She’s just about packed everything, except she has 2 hampers full of dirty laundry. Her housemates have been monopolizing the washing machines and dryers, so she hasn’t been able to do any laundry since she returned to the group home last Saturday. I would really hate to have her have to bring all that dirty laundry to her new digs. If she doesn’t get it done this weekend I’m going to have to check my calendar and see what day I can pick up the dirty laundry and go to the laundromat.

Sunday will be a repeat of last Sunday. Going to my father-in-law’s for laundry and lunch and having her youngest sister and her fiancée (my ex friend) also there so they can again ignore me and make fun of my wife for sitting in the kitchen with me because I can’t sit at a picnic table with my bad knee. I’m sure they also made fun of me too. They didn’t talk to me the entire afternoon anyway so 🖕They’ve always been like this, it’s nothing new. My wife says this sister has always been like this, so I shouldn’t take offense. No, I can, and I will, but I won’t escalate things by saying something. My father-in-law is the one who wanted to invite them.

On the stalker trail…crickets. If that particular ex friend doesn’t want to repair the friendship that’s fine. I’d rather have crickets than be screamed at and belittled for the incidents that transpired before the friendship ended. Back to square one. I should check with the library to see if/when they will resume senior coffee chat. If I just got to socialize…I’d consider that successful. I figure I qualify as a senior, since I have my AARP card, and I’m turning 60 in July. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©