Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Day 400-402 of Sheltering In-Waiting

My wife and son got their 2nd doses of the COVID-19 vaccine yesterday. So 2 weeks from yesterday I can stop this stupid countdown.

Monday-Wednesday. Monday was PT. I got the same guy I don’t like for the 3rd time in a row. I canceled the other 2 appointments this week. I need to take the Buick for new tires, hopefully this week, then to the dealer Monday for a multi-point inspection because my Certified Pre-Owned warranty expires on the 8th. Might as well get it checked over for free. I still have the Extended Warranty, but there’s a $100 deductible on that. And I need to schedule an oil change with our mechanic. I would have it done at the dealer, but it’s almost $30 more at the dealer for the synthetic oil. I don’t mind going to our mechanic. He’s honest and treats us well. He probably misses us too!

No move this weekend for my daughter. They village, or county, or whatever has not inspected the complex yet, so no occupancy until they do, and it passes inspection. My daughter is upset. She got herself all excited, and now she’s all down in the dumps. She was so excited and talking so fast the last week I had to constantly ask her to slow down and repeat what she was saying because I couldn’t understand her. I’ve been wanting to pop over to the group home to pick up her clean clothes (minus 7 days worth), but other housemates have been monopolizing the washing machines. This sounds lame and definitely paranoid, but we are doing this because she had so much disappear during the bed bug episode (no bed bugs in her room, but the staff packed her stuff up and a lot of it went missing). I just want to do what I can to lessen the opportunity for stuff to go missing. If she hasn’t gotten the laundry done by Thursday night, I will pick it up Friday and go to a laundromat. I need to go anyway because I have some blankets and comforters to wash and my father-in-law’s wife had the smallest dryer on the planet. No way would they dry. 

My brother-in-law had been in Miami for about a month driving school buses. Now he is in Indianapolis doing it. Apparently the owner of the school bus company he works for has businesses in several states. Due to lack of drivers he flew about 10 employees to Miami, set them up in a Holiday Inn Express, and paid for a few rental cars. He’s doing the same in Indianapolis. Since he is gone the lawn isn’t getting mowed, so I will be trying again to teach my son to mow the lawn. Both riding mowers are dead. The newest one I blew the transmission on it before my car accident. The other, my wife was using to mow and it died and we don’t know why. My next door neighbor repairs mowers, but I can’t get him to work on them. He avoids me. The times I have talked to him I’ve told him I have the cash for repairs, but either he’s too busy, or he doesn’t like me. It’s one of the two, or both. I dunno. The guy who fixed my snowblower has dropped out of Facebook, so I can’t contact him. Oh well, the boy has got to learn to mow the lawn. I’ve got 2 walk behind gas mowers, 1 is self propelled. I’ve kept them as backups and to do the ditch because the riding mower can’t mow the ditch completely. My wife and I can’t do the walk behind mowers because of my back and knee, and both her new knees and back.

Tomorrow is a Sam’s Club trip. Maybe check their tire prices while we are there. I’ve already got the price from my usual, Discount Tire.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©