Recent Posts

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Day 403 of Sheltering In-Waiting

Thursday. I finally did something I’ve been putting off for almost 2 years. What might that be Lola? Well let me tell you. I bought the Buick 2 years ago May 8th. Almost immediately people had been telling me the tires were dry rotted. Not surprising because the Buick came from New York. With the low miles it wasn’t hard to figure out it was probably not driven every day, or very far. I’d been putting it off far too long and I just got lucky never having a flat or a blowout. I’d prefer that my luck had been winning a 6 figure lottery, but I’ll take the luck getting by this long without a tire emergency. I once had a blowout on I88 in the left lane with my Cutlass Ciera. This was before I moved to the burbs. I safely got to the right shoulder and 3 of us changed the tire in a torrential rain storm. Anyway…lucky. So yes, I bought 4 shiny new tires. I went with Michelin. It used to be my go to brand before I got the Pilot. Nice, smooth ride. Luxury, not rough SUV ride. I wouldn’t have saved money on the other tires anyway. I’m pleased with my purchase. 

After 3 hours at Discount Tire we went to Sam’s Club and then snuck a short visit to my daughter’s group home. It was 3 hours because they had no appointments, so I was a walk-in. I had time to leave, run to the new Starbucks, then head back and have a nice leisurely read on my phone while I enjoyed my latte, which in itself is a rare treat. I was flying solo, which is even more rare.

My daughter is anxious over her move being delayed. I get it, but it’s gonna take as long as it takes and no way to speed it up. We continue to be completely up in the air about furnishings. We don’t know if she can take her bedroom set from the group home. We’re think it was paid for out of my daughter’s funds, but don’t know. So we wait. I have air mattresses from camping, so if we have to get bedroom furniture she can sleep on one of those until the Monday or Tuesday  following her move. We’ve been led to believe move-in is on the weekend. I think the mattress store we use is closed on Mondays, but that’s easily checked.

While we were at Sam’s Club we checked prices on towels and kitchenware. Most of the store is all switched up anyway, so we were going all over the place looking for the items we went for.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©