Recent Posts

Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 10 of Sheltering In

My daughter has been taken off of isolation (that she never should have been put on, having not met the criteria.)

I just got an email from the Asst Director that says even though she didn’t meet the criteria of 101°, the Medical Director made the decision. Whatever! That still doesn’t make it right that nutjob was continually screaming at my daughter through her closed bedroom door and continually pounding on the bedroom door. My daughter was basically terrorized the entire time she was on isolation. He did concede that clients should know their temperature when it’s taken by staff. And also that they need to do better in terms of the nutjob. Of course he didn’t say nutjob.

My daughter is over the moon happy about being released from prison. Everyone is being repeatedly educated on social distancing. I told her to think of it as the length of your brother lying on the floor plus 2”. She said “Moooooohhhhhmmmmm”. What? Your brother is 5’10”. Add two inches and Bob’s your uncle.

So now that she’s sprung I can focus more on what to do about her birthday on Saturday. She called the Asst Director (she’s not shy, she calls them more than I know about, she pretty much thinks the Director is her pal, she was pals with the previous Director).  Asked him if for her birthday on Saturday could I come over with a cake and we’d sit at the 10 ft patio table outside and social distance...6 ft. He said no. I haven’t told my wife cuz she would have a cow, ‘she can’t be calling them’, I try to discourage it, but in the end, she’s probably made great connections and an extra “in” when the new apartments are ready. 

I already told her we will be celebrating after the lockdown and shelter in place are lifted. She wasn’t really liking that. She’s all about having a week long celebration. With the group home lockdown extended to April 30th, her celebration will be postponed until at least May, or longer. I could bring her home for 2 weeks, but it would be a major hassle to get her allowed back at the group home before the order is removed. 

I’m thinking that with the way people are blatantly disregarding social distancing and continuing to gather in groups of more than 10, we are all screwed. This will go on til at least July. (Wait! My birthday is in July, it can go past that! J/K. I don’t mind what day we celebrate? Lol!) I read somewhere that our peak of infection in our state is estimated to be August. Can you imagine if we have to shelter in until August or later? Imagine what it would be like for people with mental illnesses.

I’m thinking maybe do something online on Saturday. I have to look up the article, but there are several websites that you can basically virtually play games together. Like Crimes Against Humanity.

If you have ANY ideas how we can celebrate without being in the same place, please put your suggestions in the comments.
Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©