Recent Posts

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 15 of Sheltering In

So today was my daughter’s birthday. Around 1pm we drove over to her group home to drop off on the porch  a care package of treats, craft supplies and 1 of her gifts. (The other is still in route.) We watched her open it from the driveway.



That’s a Nikki Cross T-shirt. (WWE Wrestler.) I think she maybe liked it. Lol! It cheered her up. 

After we got home we watched a movie on Netflix, Molly Bloom, and several shows about bands on Tubi. Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, and we started to watch Rush. Now I’m letting my son watch a Star Wars movie. The Empire Strikes Back. I only know because I just asked. Not a fan of Star Wars. Never got into any of the movies. So I’m taking one for the team...again! This is the 2nd Star Wars movie I’ve had to watch in a week. I’d get him back by making him watch Golden Girls or Designing Women, but I don’t care for those either. Lol!

Apparently my sister went back to work at her 2nd job at a major grocery store. She works the service desk or they have her cashier when they don’t have enough cashiers. Still coughing. I’ve said it many times, and I’m saying it again, I cannot believe she is my biological sister and I cannot believe we were raised by the same parents.

My wife has the same problem. Her youngest sister decided she was dropping off their dad’s handicap placard in my mailbox. Multiple issues with that. 
1. You can’t put items that aren’t mail in a mailbox.
2. I was never asked if this was ok.
3. Why isn’t she dropping it off to her dad at his house? It’s HIS, not mine, or my wife’s. We have nothing to do with any of this.
4. Besides the fact that she is not welcome here to bring the placard, why must it be Sunday? She borrowed his truck several years ago and has had it, and the placard the entire time.
5. Her sister works at a gas station, takes no precautions against the Coronavirus, and would likely wear the same work clothes she wore to work today (not laundered) when she came here tomorrow.
6. Her younger sister told my wife that she needed to disinfect it for their dad to pick it up. Wtfork? See, she won’t even disinfect it and wants my wife to disinfect it. Hell to the no! 
7. I am high risk. If that thing comes on MY property their dad is going to have to order a replacement cuz imma have a bonfire wherever it lands. I told my wife this already.

Anyone reading this can call me whatever they want, say I am being ridiculous. Is it? I don’t care! She is not putting me or my family at risk. Also, their dad is high risk so why is she doing this now? 

Why am I freaking out over this? Because a coworker of my brother in law, who had at least one of the same risk factors I have, got infected with the Coronavirus and died this past week. For the past 3 days, every time I hear about a Coronavirus death in our county, the person was my age or younger and had at least 1 of the risk factors I have.

All this boils down to is that this matter has nothing to do with my family and I was never asked if my property could be used as a drop off and pick up point.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©