Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 5 of Sheltering In

Spent the entire day with my daughter on the phone trying to find out what was going on with her job. We went back and forth all day. She called and left a message for her union rep. 

In between I was in touch with the Asst Director and Director relaying what happened and trying to find a way to help. It ended up they were going to have the Medical Director write and fax a letter explaining how the state controls the group home and ordered the lockdowns. Not sure if that fax went out. 

My daughter heard from her union rep who blew her top about the “probably be fired.” She said no way is that true. The person you spoke with does not handle any aspect of HR and should have directed you to one of these 3 managers. She was told to call 1 of the 3 and let them know what happened yesterday and the reason why she can’t work. He was super nice, apologized and reiterated what the union rep had said. He suggested she bring a doctor note when she is able to return and she should check in once a week with him to keep him informed.

I got the Golden Ticket (WiFi password), but it was too late for her conference call with her doctor about her toes. So she has the WiFi password and can use it for her upcoming pulmonologist conference call appointment.

I did get an acknowledgement that my wife was rough on me about visiting her dad. After thinking about it she realized I was right. We shouldn’t be going there until the lockdown ends and things have settled down. Whoop T Do! I still don’t like how the original conversation went.

My insomnia has gotten a lot worse this week, and I’ve had important calls wake me up early. Too early.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©